Are you going to buy a Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet?

Leahtt

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
On the fence.
I like both the Surface 2 and the Pro 2. Can't make up my mind.
The Pro 2 would suit me better but in New Zealand the price is rather high.
However, the build quality and specs look superb.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to but again its the price point. At the current price the touch cover should be included. Period. As it stands now there just isn't enough value or bang for the buck. In six months it will retail for $350 especially if the app ecosystem doesn't improve substantially.

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Surface RT, which I really love, but I'm seriously tempted to get the Surface 2 for the faster processor and 1080p screen. I also like that it's slightly thinner and lighter than the RT. However, I'm wondering if I should hold out to see what the Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet has to offer. One question I have is how does the Surface 2's 1.7 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor compare to the 2.15 GHz quad-core Qualcomm 8974 processor that is rumored to be in the Lumia 2520? Are they comparable, or would one be significantly faster than the other? I would love to see WPCentral do a comparison of the Surface 2's specs with the Lumia 2520's rumored specs.

I did look into some benchmarks and comparisons of the two. Basically they perform almost the same. Tegra 4 is a bit faster in Raw processing power and GPU, but it is not as power efficient as the QUALCOMM 800. My main concern is the consistency of the Tegra's performance. Tegra 3 in Surface RT did not always work well. There were days it was great and other times that it was just laggy, specially when battery was below 30%. I do hope they figured it out.

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft sells this baby in our country i wouldn't even bat an eye and let them take my money for Surface 2. But alas! Philippines isn't that much of a market for them :( Anyway, if it's true that Nokia will release a tablet 2520, THAT i will be getting... but oh the most beautiful tablet of all (Surface) is what i covet!

Leahtt

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Today I pre ordered a Surface Pro. Not sitting on the fence now. I think it will meet my needs better than the Surface 2.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, on the fence to sell my surface rt or keep it... I'm getting a surface two, this time the launch is a few days before my birthday :)

I don't need the pro. For any application where I would, I my xps13 fits the bill better. When I really want to program, that's where I need large monitors. That's it. I'm buying a portable monitor for my ultrabook for traveling.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I want a Surface 2, but the price and the lack of 128GB option are trying to turn me off. I might have to settle for the Surface RT since I know that the price is only going down.

...But I want that VaporMg color.

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I really understand that they must make a profit, but they should sell it with a touch cover bundled in. Yes, I will be buying it but during holiday season.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered a Surface 2 with black Type Cover 2, so just like the RT I'll be getting mine day 1.

I really understand that they must make a profit, but they should sell it with a touch cover bundled in. Yes, I will be buying it but during holiday season.

Or at least lower the price of the covers. Wasn't there an article around the time the Surface RT came out that said the touch and type covers only cost Microsoft a few dollars to make? I agree though, one of the biggest confusions is marketing the Surface with the keyboard but not bundling it.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I was going to wait till Apple's and Nokia's announcement but a friend got me the MS student discount. Can't beat the 64GB for under $500. Now I'm debating whether I get the touch or type cover, or wait till blue is available?

PtiViperB1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just signed up to this forums just to say I'm very impressed with the S2 presentation and pre-ordered mine.

I own 3 Android tablets and will never again. Hoping for a good experience with W8 RT

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I want a Surface 2, but the price and the lack of 128GB option are trying to turn me off. I might have to settle for the Surface RT since I know that the price is only going down.

...But I want that VaporMg color.

a lot of people are currently selling their RT's on ebay. You should get one there. I will be putting mine, and will probably get 250+. They are flawless. people took care of it so they can resell it when 2 comes out. And here it is, and my RT is going on ebay soon.

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
For $200 for a new RT, I would get it over the new Surface 2. But unless that deal pops up again, I'm maintaining my preorder for the Surface 2. The lack of storage is annoying, but being able to throw in a 64GB card will help things out tremendously. I also preordered a touch cover from Best Buy as well.

chrsdrshm

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I just preordered mine from Bestbuy! I'm Pretty excited about this product! Really Enjoyed the RT, but wanted a little more juice...when web browsing. Hopefully this one will be the ticket!

the_coolestnerd

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
i just hoping i won't be disappointed in my purchase. I pre orderd the surface 2, hoping it can meet most of my needs i.e. download music and movies for my 920 (not from xobox music) handling most if not all my web browsing, play some games and do some light productivity (writing some letters etc) *fingers crossd*

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
i just hoping i won't be disappointed in my purchase. I pre orderd the surface 2, hoping it can meet most of my needs i.e. download music and movies for my 920 (not from xobox music) handling most if not all my web browsing, play some games and do some light productivity (writing some letters etc) *fingers crossd*
If you found the price of the Surface 2 acceptable then you won't be disappointed in how you'll be able to use it. (provided that you also ordered a keyboard cover)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99