Pre-ordered Surface 2? Check in here...

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pre-orderd Surface 2? Check in here...

I wish..but my Surface Pro is going to be my main productivity computer for the next few years.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I try to preorder, it empties the cart out when I finalize and tells me there is no product each time. Doesn't happen with the other models. :(

Have you tried calling customer service? I had some questions about a gift I was buying for my dad and having sent to him. The guy was very helpful, was able to make the order, get the pricing correct and get my reward points credited. If nothing else, even if he can't get it to take, he can call attention to the problem so they can do something about it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I got mine direct from the Microsoft store (I'm in the UK, so suppliers are thin on the ground here).

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Surface 2 32GB with black Type Cover 2 pre-ordered! Just awaiting the conformation emails now.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to see what kind of employee discount I get at BestBuy and compare it to the tax free cost at the Microsoft Store in Delaware (bout an hour away from me). I'll definitely preorder it though! ;D

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site

i think the price is still too high for mass appeal vs. ipad, but i love my rt and pro and just ordered a surface 2! man i sure hope these sell according to whatever plan microsoft has. i'd love to see several future generations of surface and surface pro.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

i think the price is still too high for mass appeal vs. ipad, but i love my rt and pro and just ordered a surface 2! man i sure hope these sell according to whatever plan microsoft has. i'd love to see several future generations of surface and surface pro.

Price never stopped the iPad from being successful. Microsoft needs to market the Surface 2 much better than they did the RT (no stupid dancing commercials) but I fear the simplicity/familiarity of Apple products might be too much for Microsoft to convert people right now.. The Surface 2 is priced VERY well now, though I wish the keyboards were cheaper.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Price never stopped the iPad from being successful. Microsoft needs to market the Surface 2 much better than they did the RT (no stupid dancing commercials) but I fear the simplicity/familiarity of Apple products might be too much for Microsoft to convert people right now.. The Surface 2 is priced VERY well now, though I wish the keyboards were cheaper.

i hope you're right. the ipad also had apple' reputation behind it and when it first came out, it was a game changer. not the same circumstances for surface. i think a surface w/ a cover is too expensive for mass adoption against apple and google alternatives. people already trust apple. they can release another ipad with no press conference and a cimmercial that just says, "it's out. go buy." and sell millions. i think undercutting the competition w/ an unbelievable price is the best route to more market share. $400, cover included = a hit, imo. at the current i think it will be more successful that rt (not really all that hard to do), but we're coming up on christmas and there's a chance new ipads before then. i don't know. they can always go a super sale ahead of the holidays. i don't know. i just want the surface line to be successful so that microsoft keeps making them. i'm replacing my surface rt w/ a surface 2 and hopefully my surface pro w/ a surface pro 3 in a couple of years. or maybe late next year if i get super impatient.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine. Though honestly I'm doubting that Surface 2 is going to be a big success. Maybe we could see an uptick in sales though if Microsoft actually had some good ads that explain why the Surface is different than the iPad and how that makes it better.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft says that is the natural color of the metal, and I'm inclined to believe them as Magnesium does indeed have a silvery color. Also if you have ever gotten a scratch on one of the old Surfaces, you'd know that the metal is silver underneath the paint... My poor little Surface RT, so abused (I've dropped it six or seven times onto concrete/asphalt)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750