We need a trade in program for the Surface RT

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft really needs to add the Surface RT to their trade in program. Just doesn't look good that they will give you $200 for a 2 year old iPad 2 but won't even accept the 11 month old original Surface RT. They need to at least match the iPad 2 offer.

What are your thoughts?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's possible, but I expect that MS will want to keep the price up as long as they can do. Maybe there will be a trade-in in a few months time.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Great news.

I went into my local MS store to play with the new Surface 2 model they had out (which is AWESOME). The worker was giving me a tour of the device and showing me some of the upgrades and then asked me, "Do you have a Surface RT?"

"Yes, I do. I'm going to upgrade to this one though -- already preordered it as well"

Him: "Well, bring in your old Surface. We do have a recycle program so you can get some money back for it"

Me: "Oh, really?!"

Him: "Yes, we have one right now for the iPad, but really we honor many other devices too."

So, in short, bring in your Surface and you can get some credit back or towards an upgraded device!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Local MS store? I have never seen these in the UK. Do you mean a store with Microsoft on the front or a store which sells Microsoft products?

They're like the Apple stores that we have here, but for Microsoft goodies.

Currently, Microsoft stores are only in the USA.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Sadly Australia gets nothing, I spoke to service rep about my replacement RT and was told It would just get a replaced. Going to sell the replacement ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers