How will you accessorize?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Will you buy any of the new/old accessories? I already have what I need. No Touch or Type cover but I have a Wedge Mobile keyboard. A USB 4-port hub. Micro HDMI cord. Plus a wireless mouse.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wireless adapter? I don't see one of those in the accessory list...

I'm just getting a type cover. Hoping they've sorted out the bendy fabric peeling issue.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Will you buy any of the new/old accessories? I already have what I need. No Touch or Type cover but I have a Wedge Mobile keyboard. A USB 4-port hub. Micro HDMI cord. Plus a wireless mouse.

USB 4-port hub. I saw one of the "opinion pieces" that slated the fact the surface 2 "still" only has one usb port. Do people not know these things exist?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought a purple Type Cover 2 to go with mine. I actually really like the touch cover I got with my RT, but everyone says the Type cover is better for I decided to drop the extra $10 on it

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably gonna pick up a type cover to go along with my first gen touch cover. I'll have to see the colors in person before I decide.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably going for a new type cover myself. And I should finally get off my duff and get the micro hdmi like I've been promising to for months.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably going for a new type cover myself. And I should finally get off my duff and get the micro hdmi like I've been promising to for months.
I definitely have strongly considered getting a micro HDMI cable for my Surface RT, but the thing is so under-powered I had to wonder if it could really handle driving a larger display for something like playing HD video or gaming.

However... I may just get a MiniDisplay adapter for my Surface 2. Or, it would be even better if Microsoft put out something cheap that allows me to use the Play To feature.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Already pre-ordered the black Type Cover 2 (was tempted to get the Magenta though). If it was cheaper I would have reserved the Wireless Adapter as that is something I could see using every once in a while. Other than that all I need is a MicroHDMI to HDMI cable.

tredmanz

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like a touch cover 2, but they are not available to pre order here - I'm going to be partially disappointed when my new surface 2 arrives next month with no cover :(

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Obviously Microsoft needs to work on its supply chain still... This is such a simple problem and yet it is also one of the worst. If Microsoft wants this thing to succeed, Surface and all of its accessories need to be widely available everywhere. (And they really, really need to include a touch cover with the thing, or at least discount the price of one by 50% to people buying a new Surface)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre