Windows 8/RT Refresh

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My Surface RT started running sluggish after an update for Pacman DX failed five times. So I did a refresh. Before the refresh, I had 9.9 GB of free memory. After the refresh it has dropped to 3.6 GB. Does anyone know where all that memory went to?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
refreshing your win8 or Winrt, its like reinstalling Windows but easier, that means it will always create a folder called Windows.old, becuase its a safe and easy way to get files from old windows installation.
so im 99% sure thats the one that should be taking that space.
so just check and see if it has your docs you need and etc. after moving all files you need to move, you can safety delete it. or well use disk cleanup to do that.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I actually knew that and had a brain fart. One thing that is worrying me, is a removed apps ability to still hug memory. I had the Next Issue magazine app. The app was taking up 3.8 GB of memory because of many magazines I had downloaded. It worked great once you got the magazine downloaded, but do to the fact it would take 2 hours to download 1 magazine (no exaggeration) I decided to delete the magazines and then the app. What did I find? I recovered none of that memory. I was able to go into the local app file and delete what was left, but oddly enough that only removed another 2.5 GB. I dont know where the other +1GB is being hidden, but I hope this doesn't become an even bigger issue with other apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett