Who is upgrading to a surface pro 2?

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the new pro looks amazing. I would upgrade for the battery life alone, but it has so much more to offer. If I can find someone to buy my current surface pro I will definitely make the jump. So who else is upgrading?

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence. I am very happy with my current pro, and I think the power cover might be just enough to get me by for a while. On the other hand, there is a lot to like about the pro 2. I think if I do upgrade it will be after the power cover is available.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I'm going to use my Pro full-time for another year. I will buy the Surface 2 or Mini, will see what the Mini is about first...

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I'm going to use my Pro full-time for another year. I will buy the Surface 2 or Mini, will see what the Mini is about first...

I hope the mini happens soon. Do you think it'll have the kickstand? I wish windows 8 looked better in portrait. I think in the next version of windows, that the start screen should flow up and down when in portrait mode. It would be a good transition into converging windows and wp.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I current have and use a touchpad that works fine in portrait. However, thinking about it I rarely if ever use it in portrait mode. I wouldn't think a surface pro not looking good in portrait would effect a user like me. Why do people want the portrait mode better? I assume games maybe.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence. I am very happy with my current pro, and I think the power cover might be just enough to get me by for a while. On the other hand, there is a lot to like about the pro 2. I think if I do upgrade it will be after the power cover is available.

Will the power cover work with the 1st gen Surfaces?

dstrauss

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
My 8gb/512gb Surface Pro 2 is on pre-order with the Microsoft Store...what else is an uber-geek to do? Seriously, it is a ridiculous amount of change to go from 256gb to 512gb, but I NEVER regretted going all out on memory or storage, but I have ALWAYS regretted every time I "settled" for a lower than max configuration. Besides, my office manager will go bonkers if I upgrade again in the next three years :wink:

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I do want to get a Surface Mini, if there is one, then when Surface 3 comes out, get that as well. Current Surface Pro is too new and has plenty of life in it. I'm always next to a power outlet, so battery time is not an issue.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hanging with my 256GB original Surface Pro. I have it where I want it and despite not having the cash for the difference (after selling this one), I am pretty happy with it. I did get a Touch Cover 2 and plan on getting the power cover later. It has a lot of life left in it for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss