anyone else having issues with keyboard working upon rt waking?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
This is really getting irritating for me. Rt is asleep, I go to wake it up, touch the password field, cursor flashes in the field...but I can't type anything! On screen keyboard won't engage and if I try my touch cover, nothing happens with that either. The only ay to remedy this, as far as I know, is to restart. I'd say this happens 1 out of at least every 3 times i wakeup my rt. This opens with 8 and 8.1. any ideas on how to fix this incredibly annoying bug?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any trouble. What version OS is it running? 8 or 8.1?

right now i'm running the latest 8.1 os, but i had this issue w/ standard windows 8, too. only w/ surface rt and pro. i've had this happen twice w/ my desktop, but only twice. all too common w/ both tablets, esp. rt. my pro is running 8.1 and it does it about hald as much as surface rt. i can live w/ that. the frequency w/ which it happens on rt is what is really annoying me. i thought it would be fixed w/ an update by now.

anyone else experiencing this?

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me this weekend. I'm running the 8.1 preview.

It's happened occasionally before but connecting and disconnecting the keyboard always seemed to fix it. I don't recall ever having to do a reboot before to fix it like I did this time.

I use the picture password for access, which has never failed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon