can you turn off the keyboard lights?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if we could turn off the keyboards backlit to save battery of a touch or type cover. Or maybe it uses a sensor? Hopefully its not backlit even during daylight.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
It has a sensor that only enables it when you use it, so hopefully it has a sensor that disables when it's daylight too :wink:

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually just saw one today at a Microsoft store. Good lord the hardware has a hideous looking color. I can't believe they went with that color. it looks like **** but I preordered it. The OS is just superb. ****ty hardware but **** it. I need one for school. I'll sell it the minute new version comes.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
And the kickstand isn't as durable as the old one. Looks like it will bend when you keep opening it from the left. I wish they had another one on the right.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually just saw one today at a Microsoft store. Good lord the hardware has a hideous looking color. I can't believe they went with that color. it looks like **** but I preordered it. The OS is just superb. ****ty hardware but **** it. I need one for school. I'll sell it the minute new version comes.

I think the white is nice.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
What? The hardware is better. It is two-pieces and not three now. That is the magnesium color underneath. The two-stage hinge felt amazingly solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs