Finally saw another Surface in public today

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Surface for about 2 months; I have people at work ask me all the time about it. They recognize it from commercials which is a great sign!

I see a few on planes/in airports when I travel but not a lot of them. Seems to be more often than in the past.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have seen one guy using a Surface Pro at the Mall of America... And that's it. I have yet to see an RT apart from my own. But it's kinda cool having a device that not many people have as I get asked about it all the time.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
That's a good ice break. "Hello there, I like your Surface. I have one myself. Want to get some coffee?"

BAM, instant connection! not only is the Surface very productive compared to other tablets, it's also match maker.

LMFAO, there's an obvious "Click in and do more" joke that can be made here, but I'm too lazy to come up with one. :p

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Doubt I would ever see one anytime soon. Microsoft, open a store in India and promote your products!
Don't expect Nokia to promote Surfaces in India now! :cool:
Would love to see one for real. Those promos and those ads are killing it!

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
How about "Clique in and do more"

...No, that's terrible, I've got nothing.

But yeah, it is very nice talking to other people about the Surface. People who use them tend to love them (as is the case with Windows Phones... except for the one I encountered woman who called her HTC Radar "the worst phone I've ever owned"...)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Had a business meeting a couple of weeks ago. We met at the local Starbucks and he pulls out a Surface 8 to make his PowerPoint pitch. Needless to say, the conversation got sidetracked as we talked Surfaces. He loves it and uses it on all his international travels.

Surface 8? We're only on Surface 2 here on Earth.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
How about "Clique in and do more"

...No, that's terrible, I've got nothing.

But yeah, it is very nice talking to other people about the Surface. People who use them tend to love them (as is the case with Windows Phones... except for the one I encountered woman who called her HTC Radar "the worst phone I've ever owned"...)

I was thinking more along the lines of "Hey baby, let me show you what it really means to click in and do more :cool:"

I know, I know...it's terrible and childish, BUT I REGRET NOTHING.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have seen one guy using a Surface Pro at the Mall of America... And that's it. I have yet to see an RT apart from my own. But it's kinda cool having a device that not many people have as I get asked about it all the time.

Yeah, if Windows Phone and Surface ever actually gain significant market share, I will actually be almost disappointed. While it bothers me how everyone hates on WP and Surface/Windows 8, often without much justification, and more apps would be nice, I also kinda like going against the grindstone.

Wielding my Nokia, everywhere I go I'm unique. Even though my Lumia 1020 is black, it still manages to stick out amongst a sea of iPhones and Androids. I love it when people come up to me and ask about it. It's awesome, I love to stick to the shadows, yet standout at the same time.

So while more market share for Microsoft would be nice, it'd also be a real shame to lose the uniqueness that currently comes with being an early adopter.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Being an early adopter is cool no doubt. But the benefits of having a platform popular enough to get full developer support would far outweigh whatever cool factor there is in having something not many other people do.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Being an early adopter is cool no doubt. But the benefits of having a platform popular enough to get full developer support would far outweigh whatever cool factor there is in having something not many other people do.

Yeah, and it'll give Microsoft/Nokia the funds necessary to continue making their awesome devices. It's just a shame, I don't like having something just because everyone else does, and if everyone starts using Microsoft, how will I be any different from the rest of the crowd.

Oh well, at least in my heart I'll know I was an early adopter, and more apps would be very nice.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
If everyone else starts using Microsoft products (which is unlikely as far as I'm concerned), it doesn't change anything. You choose to use what you use not to go along with the crowd, but simply because it is what you prefer. It doesn't matter what other people think of your choice of device or OS, all that matters is that you are happy with it.

Denny Prijadi

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
never see a surface here in my country.. even in stores no one selling it.. its like microsoft is not trying to sell the surface internationally but just a few select countries.. they have to ramp up distribution because if they want volume they should be prepared to sell into more countries.. just like apple and samsung who have great distribution channel

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
never see a surface here in my country.. even in stores no one selling it.. its like microsoft is not trying to sell the surface internationally but just a few select countries.. they have to ramp up distribution because if they want volume they should be prepared to sell into more countries.. just like apple and samsung who have great distribution channel

Granted, we're only just beginning Microsoft's second year into the tablet foray, they're still relatively new to this. Meanwhile, Apple and Samsung have been producing hardware for many years, so all their channels have been built up over the period of time. I think it's safe to forgive Microsoft for still working out the kinks and supply channels, it's still a shame that they haven't hit all markets yet, but nonetheless, it's understandable they haven't fully spread their wings.

madhouse1616

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed!!! Wherever I've taken my surface and people see me interacting with it are very surprised and then they're like "I'm gonna have to look at the surface, looks much better in person than what I thought"

:eek:rly:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Agreed!!! Wherever I've taken my surface and people see me interacting with it are very surprised and then they're like "I'm gonna have to look at the surface, looks much better in person than what I thought"

:eek:rly:

Blame sites like iCNET that convince people it sucks. Everyone just wants Microsoft to fail, it's really annoying.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a few recently in London in the past couple of weeks.

Just over a week ago we hosted an NFL game in London (Steelers v Vikings) and I noticed that a lot of the reps (teenage English girls) were carrying Surfaces.

Another time was in a cafe, a guy in a business suit with a Surface propped up on his table.

I was also spotted in the wild myself recently too, in another cafe. A lady who owned a Surface came over to me a couple of times and was asking me about my touch cover keyboard (she didn't have one but was interested in one for speed typing) and the mini Microsoft wireless mouse I was using. I let her have a go on my keyboard and she seemed to like it enough to want to get one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12