Windows RT and Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball

chinoyski

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I am really curious about purchasing a Windows Surface RT coz of the price drop. Now I know that RT has some limitations as compared to a Surface Pro. I have been reading around forums about RT.

The only thing stopping me from buying the RT is that i heard that not all Flash Enabled websites are supported. To be honest, I would like to purchase the RT for use in the Yahoo Fantasy Stattracker while playing fantasy basketball. Since I don't know anyone who has a Surface here in Singapore, I decided to go to the local IT mall and check it out.

So I launched the IE 10 from the UI and logged in to my Yahoo! Account. Since the NBA season has not yet started, I can only participate in Mock Drafts. When the website opened, it says Flash is not installed, or something to that matter. Now I read from the forums that I can right-click IE and select open to desktop so i did that. After it opened on Desktop mode, it still didnt allow me to join any mock draft. something about flash not available. Under "help" it says to go to tools and go to managed add ons. it also mentioned something about "Rich Content" I tried doing that but I couldnt see Adobe Flash under Add-Ons.

Now the problem is, I was just using a demo set from the IT store and there was already some line forming behind me, waiting for their turn to check out the Surface RT. I didnt have anymore time to check whether updates or patched have been installed, etc etc

So my question is, will Yahoo! Fantasy NBA work in Windows RT? Particularly when using Stattracker or Mock Drafts? one that uses Flash?

Will appreciate any input.

chinoyski

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I haven't coz it is a demo set from our local it mall. Would like to know if anyone here was able to run the stattracker on their RT's via the whitelist I just read about or any other means. Like installing all updates

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Flash is enabled by default since about 6 months ago. Microsoft now uses a blacklist instead of a whitelist for misbehaving flash sites.

chinoyski

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Just to do a quick update. I did buy the RT. It was a bit of a gamble for me coz no one has given me a concrete answer regarding Stattracker working on RT. I bought it for only 300USD. 64GB RT with Touch Cover Keyboard. it was a steal!! So i said to myself even if this didnt work, I can just use it for basic surfing and give it to my kid/brother

When i got home, I immediately went to the Yahoo! Fantasy Website and did a mock draft, AND IT WORKED! that's it. right there and then I knew i made the right decision.

but other than that, I can see that i can do a lot more with the RT besides playing fantasy BB. there's the Office Suite, basic surfing, and email. For 300 bucks, i think its a good deal!

excited to see what the RT can do more.

Thanks guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte