Extending the tile screen across two monitors

Ejabber

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I heard that with 8.1 you would be able to extend the tile screen across two monitors, has anyone managed to do this?

Cheers,

R

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea I don't think its in 8.1. Least not in the preview. This is one area that they need to fix with win8. Their muti screen support is lacking

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea I don't think its in 8.1. Least not in the preview. This is one area that they need to fix with win8. Their muti screen support is lacking

What do you mean lacking? I have traditional desktop on one screen and the Metro start screen on my 2nd monitor.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean lacking? I have traditional desktop on one screen and the Metro start screen on my 2nd monitor.

I've had issues with TV muti screen use, but that could be a tv issue.

Aside from that, I'm not fond of the way it works with window sizing. Trying to get two explorer windows sized right on my smaller monitor is a *****.

anonymous_123

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
What you asking for is more related to hardware than operating system software. Consider that you are asking the computer to output one large resolution rather than two synchronized resolutions. Therefore, the feature is largely dependent on what type of graphics accelerator is present. In the case of a Windows 7 desktop workstation with an AMD "Eyefinity" compatible discrete GPU, one could display a single desktop on multiple monitors. Nvidia provides similar technology.

Windows is only as powerful as the hardware in which it runs. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720