Over the past couple of weeks the touchscreen on my Surface RT has started to register phantom touches in the top left and right corners. It happens about every 10-15 minutes of use and I need to turn the screen off and back on for it to work again. My screen is very clean so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Has anyone ever seen this or know how I can fix it? I tried a system refresh but that did not help it.
    10-14-2013 07:52 PM
    happens occasionally on my Lumia 925
    10-14-2013 07:54 PM
    Over the past couple of weeks the touchscreen on my Surface RT has started to register phantom touches in the top left and right corners. It happens about every 10-15 minutes of use and I need to turn the screen off and back on for it to work again. My screen is very clean so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Has anyone ever seen this or know how I can fix it? I tried a system refresh but that did not help it.
    I came here specifically to ask this question. My Surface RT does the same thing and I don't know exactly why. It's the top right & left corners and it stops after I push the power button to put it to sleep. It's hit or miss how often it happens or when it happens. It's done it while I play games, while I'm using Office on the desktop, however I don't think it's ever done it while I've been using Internet Explorer. Very curious.

I was hoping that I could gift this tablet to my girlfriend when I eventually pick up the Surface 2, but there is nooooo waaaaaaay she would put up with this. It may need to go to Best Buy for a trade-in.
    10-16-2013 05:55 PM
    Could be humidity, an old phone of mine did that because of it.
    10-16-2013 06:31 PM
    I came here specifically to ask this question. My Surface RT does the same thing and I don't know exactly why. It's the top right & left corners and it stops after I push the power button to put it to sleep. It's hit or miss how often it happens or when it happens. It's done it while I play games, while I'm using Office on the desktop, however I don't think it's ever done it while I've been using Internet Explorer. Very curious.

I was hoping that I could gift this tablet to my girlfriend when I eventually pick up the Surface 2, but there is nooooo waaaaaaay she would put up with this. It may need to go to Best Buy for a trade-in.
    I ended up trading mine in to Best Buy today. I didn't want to sell it on eBay and make this someone else problem. Going to pick up the Surface 2 tomorrow.
    10-21-2013 07:37 PM