Facebook on Surface RT

slywalk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys
Im usually over on androidcentral but my friend bought a surface rt and being the neighborhood nerd, she came to me for help when she couldn't get stuff to work, but to my surprise i couldn't fix some of her issues, the number one being that when she tries to go install facebook on her surface, the install button that usually is around when you go download something is missing and it tells her the device does not meet the minimum requirements for the app. Maybe this is obvious and I'm just a noob at windows, but i would appreciate any help!

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ahem... Just to get the facts... You tried to install the app from the store right? Does she have all current system updates? Go to settings from the charms menu... The charms menu can be accessed from the right top or bottom hot corners... Go to settings, change PC settings, windows update...

tiomi

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app requires windows 8.1. If she's still on 8.0 she'll need to upgrade first. I understand that the upgrade (which is free) was pulled from the store temporarily due to some issues on the surface RT, but it should be back soon, hopefully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6