Sound problem on my Surface 2

Drbeckman

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I am a lucky owner of a Surface 2 Tablet. Great device !
But i have a problem with the speakers. There is like no bass at all and cracks.
It is weird cause the RT has wonderful speakers.

What do you think ? Driver or hardware problem ?

timanderson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just played the same track side by side on Surface RT and Surface 2. Not much difference in volume, but RT definitely has more bass. No crackling from either machine but overall I preferred the sound from the older model. Stick headphones in though and there is plenty of bass on Surface 2.

Tim

Chris Harris1

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem - tiny, scratchy, low sound, sometimes popping. I took mine back and THIS one is having the same problem. There are 8 pages of other people on the MS answers forum that are also having the same problem. The consensus at the Microsoft forum is that it is a software problem that an update will fix. (There are others there that also took models back only to still have the problem). The frustration is, of course, that MS has not replied to the threads in any way.

Surface 2 Speaker/Sound Problems - Microsoft Community

CarbideGuy

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I would have to agree with Tim, I have an RT and it does sound better than new 64G Surface 2.
Certainly not a usual listening practice but noticeable if sampling songs or YouTubing......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6