Surface 2 Problems

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am not going to buy the Surface 2 immediately and am going to wait until problems have been ironed out. In the light of this it would be good to post any problems with the new Surface 2 here please.

Thanks,

Nevica

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People will generally post these kinds of issues as separate threads, then they can be discussed.

Wrapping everything up in just one thread will inevitably create a tangled mess of issues, theories, solutions, guesses, random rants, and complaints.

I don't think you'll get the shopping list of issues and resolutions that you're looking for.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Also got mine on Saturday from Argos.

My volume rocker has come loose I think, makes a rattling noise when I shake the device. Gunna call Microsoft & see what the script is.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Also got mine on Saturday from Argos.

My volume rocker has come loose I think, makes a rattling noise when I shake the device. Gunna call Microsoft & see what the script is.

Same here. Figured Id give it a week or so and go to local MSFT store after seeing if others have the problem. Also noticed it running a little hot at times as someone else mentioned in another thread.

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
There should be a sticky "surface 2 bug" thread. I found one (sadly). Used head phones and then after taking head phones out there was no sound coming from the speakers. Had to reboot to have it corrected. ((Had the same thing happen on my WebOS device a couple years ago)).

PtiViperB1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Found few flaws in the W8.1 RT

(1) The Recycle bin doesn't work as it would in the desktop version. If I delete something, will not show the full recycle bin icon. So that kind of bothered me and disabled it and set it so everything I delete is permanent.

(2) I tried deleting batches of photos and it doesn't like it. If I go to the Camera Roll and select few pictures and delete. It will show "Recycling files..." status but will not go away. Then I have to go and delete one by one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs