Issues with Toast Notifications with Mail on Win8.1 RT

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting Toast notifications to show up with their Surface RT after upgrading to Win 8.1? I didn't have any of the weird issues that's affecting some, but I've noticed my Toasts have stopped showing up. The Live Tiles work fine, but I realy want to get the Toasts back, as they are quite handy. I know it's not working for Mail, but may not be working at all...thanks!

Jerry A

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you check to make sure they're enabled? I know that I had to go to Options and explicitly reenable them after upgrading to 8.1.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I did, yes. I get them just fine on my full powered desktop running Win8.1, so I just thought it was odd. Also, I know I've been able to get them before...are you getting them?

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's weird. It's not working for me, but when I made a new user and had her log in with her Outlook.com account, Toasts DID work on a test. How bizarre.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing, I half-heartedly tried to check out the options menu in the Mail app but it does appear that the Notifications option is selected. I'm wondering if this is something that will be corrected in a week or so after the 8.1 release as a bug fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire