MicroSD VHD file versus Win8.1 MicroSD support

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Now that Win8.1 supports microSD cards the correct way, is there any benefit from continuing to use a virtual hard drive aka .VHD file on MicroSD?

In other words, I can just create folder directories on my MicroSD card and relocate/move the Surface2 default directories to the microSD and everything will work fine?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Now that Win8.1 supports microSD cards the correct way, is there any benefit from continuing to use a virtual hard drive aka .VHD file on MicroSD?

In other words, I can just create folder directories on my MicroSD card and relocate/move the Surface2 default directories to the microSD and everything will work fine?

Thanks in advance.

I'm curious about this also, as well as how it would affect performance.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can use the SD for this purpose. What I did though was to not actually move the default location, but created matching folders on the SD then added them to the appropriate libraries, Documents, Music etc... I then set these folders as the default save location. This way I am able to choose on the fly if I wish something on the machine instead of the card.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can use the SD for this purpose. What I did though was to not actually move the default location, but created matching folders on the SD then added them to the appropriate libraries, Documents, Music etc... I then set these folders as the default save location. This way I am able to choose on the fly if I wish something on the machine instead of the card.

a huge thanks to you! I'm going to do the same now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss