One of the most bias comparisons I ever came across (Surface 2 vs iPad Air)!

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I read the review. Here are my comments.

1. It is impossible to compare a tablet which hasn't been produced yet with one on the market. Ok, you can look at specs, but the specs don't really tell us anything new.

2. The reviewer said it himself that you cannot put a 200 horsepower engine in an old banger. How on earth do we know this will not happen with the IPad Air. It hasn't been made yet! Perhaps the IPad Air will get USB, but how do we know until it is made?

3. The reviewer left out many things which the Ipad doesn't have. To name a few: USB, remote desktop connection which really works, Office which works, larger RAM, 200GB Skydrive. Do you want me to go on?

4. This is not an in-depth preview so should be taken very lightly and with a pinch of salt.

Nevica

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Didn't bother to finish reading it. Very unprofessional. They say that the article is going to be biased themselves, and boy do they deliver that promess.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Bad reviewing is a dime a dozen anymore. The thing is, it is only link bait for iPad fanboys looking to validate their opinions.

Ignore the fool and move on.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One thing I would be interested in as a spec comparison is durability - can I turn the ipad air into a skateboard and can I drop it from 5 feet without getting a scratch on it?

It does look incredibly fragile - just wondering if it was in your backpack and hit your bag against a post or something hard while walking would the screen shatter into a million pieces?

Kiddo2050

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Meh, Apple's market share declines and declines, I don't even bother worry about Apple anymore. As the media sings its praises, real unbiased reviews come from it's stock price. It didn't go up when the iPad Air was released. Don't worry the vast majority of people don't read tech reviews, MSFT just need to advertise as well as Apple and they will be fine. Reviews don't really matter.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
ipad-vs-surface-580-100.jpg

I like how he didn't bother to remove the red wavy lines. Is this guy too lazy or doesn't he know how to do it?

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
This guy is such a complete tool. Looking at his twitter says it all - he decided long ago to be Apple's ****-buddy and willfully bash and flat out lie about competing products.

This is the reality of journalism. Personal agendas translated into a "in-depth comparisons". The voice of journalism is controlled by sheeople who fail to get basic facts correct and try their hardest to elevate their voice in order to validate their own purchase decisions and sway the tech community.

This guy should be flipping burgers, not writing garbage about the industry that I love.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What struck me about that article is how little actual information it actually provided, and in some cases the information it did offer was either misleading or untrue. There are plenty of strengths and weaknesses to each device, and which one is better is more a question of what it's going to be used for than anything.

Also, as a side note, Apple Insider ironically takes a much fairer (though not in-depth) look at Surface 2 here: First look: Microsoft Surface 2 with Type Cover 2

Edit: And that battery life he's posting is absolute garbage. First of all, the article mentions the supposed standby time in a context that makes it sound like Microsoft was promising insane amounts of battery life and then he offers no sources for his 6-7 hours figures. We know for a fact that it can hit 9-10 hours of video playback, and that's what the figure he should have been hitting on as it can then be directly compared to Apple's claims.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Edit: And that battery life he's posting is absolute garbage. First of all, the article mentions the supposed standby time in a context that makes it sound like Microsoft was promising insane amounts of battery life and then he offers no sources for his 6-7 hours figures. We know for a fact that it can hit 9-10 hours of video playback, and that's what the figure he should have been hitting on as it can then be directly compared to Apple's claims.

Yeah but Apple promised 10 hours - you hear that a "promise" he should have put Surface 6-7hours I think - ipad Air 10 hours promised by some Apple marketing guy.

No quality in the comparison whatsoever.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That is truly disheartening. Though i do notice that the more and more people write these kinds of articles, the more your able to seperate people expecting fair reviews calling them out. the only people who seem to agree with these people are the other diehard apple goons. at least some people are willing to say "Hey this is a bs article and you know it" maybe some of these awful articles are pushing people to do their own research into the matter.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
"Perhaps the one thing that the Surface 2 has going for it is pricing."

Wow...literally, the ONLY positive of Surface 2 is pricing at $50 cheaper. Bias in its purest form.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
"Perhaps the one thing that the Surface 2 has going for it is pricing."

Wow...literally, the ONLY positive of Surface 2 is pricing at $50 cheaper. Bias in its purest form.

And even that is wrong its $50 cheaper than the 16gb version - your getting another 16gb on the surface 2 - he couldn't even get that comparison correct...

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
the release of the surface has brought me to the conclusion that tech journalists or reviewers are by and large idiots. how many times have tech reviewers said just dumb things like, "what is it? is it a tablet or a computer? it has a desktop, dur dur dur?!" if they would just do their job, they would know what the surface is. a proper review should essentially say the surface is what it does. here's what you can do or some of of the things you can do on surface. of those things, it does these well, these things ok, and these thing not so well. something like that.

i also hear a lot of stupid remarks about tablets having cameras. "i don't know why they want you to take pictures with a tablet." i see people everyday taking pictures with tablets. personally, i'd rather use my phone, but lots of people take pics with tablets. what's not to understand? it something people do because they can and they like doing it.

sorry to get all ranty and pretty off topic.just so much of tech review "journalism" is so freaking awful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa