One of the most bias comparisons I ever came across (Surface 2 vs iPad Air)!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

A comparison of the Surface 2 and iPad Air

Well I just wanted to know what other thought about this article which I read and was really shocked how bias it was toward the iPad Air:

iPad Air vs Microsoft Surface 2 | News | TechRadar

I have to say I don't know how they can compare without fully testing devices themselves and I don't know how to say it disappointed that such a site would do an article like that...

Extra: It not even an opinion article it in depth :cry:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
This really stinks of bashing. Some points were valid, but most were assumptions as he said.
Surface 2 is much faster than last Gen. thinker. I love where Windows is going and just cramming more pixels, making it paper thin, light, and the most apps doesn't sway me. The user experience does.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My main issue is that it not informative and shouldn't been called in depth rather opinion mainly if he does prefer apple should at least try to be unbiased when writing a comparison and just assume that the iPad better because it an iPad.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Horrendous!

They made sure that they didn't mention a few things:

That $50 difference is for a 16GB Air vs a 32GB S2 with the ability to add a 64GB card

Didn't bother to mention the USB 3 port
Or the micro hdmi port
Or the stereo speakers
Or Microsoft Office

Also, the Retina screen is wonderful, but, for example, if you watch a movie, in order to display it, the Apple has to letterbox it, so it will be much smaller.
I am also suspicious that the 1.3 GHz A7 can outperform the 1.7 GHz Tegra 4 but it may be so (the 64 bits, that they keep harping on gives them nothing).

As for build quality, yes Apple products are good but as they keep making them thinner and ligjter, they keep breaking more often.

But Applebots will read what they want.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Horrendous!

They made sure that they didn't mention a few things:

That $50 difference is for a 16GB Air vs a 32GB S2 with the ability to add a 64GB card

Didn't bother to mention the USB 3 port
Or the micro hdmi port
Or the stereo speakers
Or Microsoft Office

Also, the Retina screen is wonderful, but, for example, if you watch a movie, in order to display it, the Apple has to letterbox it, so it will be much smaller.
I am also suspicious that the 1.3 GHz A7 can outperform the 1.7 GHz Tegra 4 but it may be so (the 64 bits, that they keep harping on gives them nothing).

As for build quality, yes Apple products are good but as they keep making them thinner and ligjter, they keep breaking more often.

But Applebots will read what they want.

Yep it sucks and the first word sums it all up horrendous!

Last edited:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Err.. This article is frustrating like you mention he hasn't had hands on with either and hasn't done testing himself. And is just making claims. This makes this tech website a joke. And I won't even consider them. Their article is worse than CNET.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and that ridiculous battery life figure they quoted. Engadget got over 12 hours of video playback and over 14 hours on their standard test.

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow that was painful to read, "assume" should never be used in a review. This seems like one of those 'farmed out' 10 cents a paragraph articles.

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You mean Tech Radar is biased? :p

The Verge also said the iPad Air would have a place in their backpack (you know, without actually having used one for an extended period of time), but said the Surface 2 would not in their review. So yeah....

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You mean Tech Radar is biased? :p

The Verge also said the iPad Air would have a place in their backpack (you know, without actually having used one for an extended period of time), but said the Surface 2 would not in their review. So yeah....

Yeah techradar gone right down hill use to be one of my main area for news now it just engadget at least they can be professional rant rant rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo