Surface 2: Internet Explorer keeps crashing and closing

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got it too. For me it came through Windows Update as "Update for Windows 8.1 (or RT, I guess on my Asus RT tablet). Anyway, the details state, "Update improves the reliability of Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2."

Sounds like exactly what we needed!

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Still crashing randomly in metro. I've already troubleshot and reset the browser. This is a software problem Microsoft needs to acknowledge and fix.

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Still crashing randomly in metro. I've already troubleshot and reset the browser. This is a software problem Microsoft needs to acknowledge and fix.

I spoke to Microsoft about this and they told me it was just me. I spoke to them on Wednesday morning. I told them they were wrong, but they wouldn't listen.

izzy1981

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ms did something in Win 8.1 update. Not only my IE 11 is not workong, but other browsers too. I am on a desktop PC running Win 8.1 with latest updates.
I have the DNS bug. Windows 8.1 and the router don't communicate like windows 8.0 so the DNS gets all stuffed up. When i open a page it won't display. I need to refresh the page and then it works. Win8.1 is full of bugs. They managed to brake OneNote too. My shortcut for screen cliping is not working anymore. Win + S is now Search. Way to go Microsoft...

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yup take that back... same thing here again. It is absolutely mind boggling how much the thing crashes. I've done a bunch of recommended remedies. No help. The only thing to do I suppose is be patient and wait for a patch, I REALLY hope soon.

Xcel101

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Agree, the Metro browser as it stands now is a POS. Slow and I have had it crash 5 times already just trying to get through a 45 min Youtube. I am wishing I had kept my RT for while while we go through the beta testing for MS on the Surface 2.

alteschweed

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I know it's already been two years but just to let you know: The problem still exists... My Surface 2 IE11 crashes quiet often, especially if I open multiple tabs.
(Also my Surface 2 has a battery drain which is worse if I use the Type Cover. Did all the updates and even got it replaced twice for multiple issuse, but the problems still persist... -> don't buy RT devices, also the Lumia 2520 is a huge letdown with homebutton issues, eg it randomly vibrates and closes the apps....)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05