Mail App Sync Issues

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently updated my Surface RT to 8.1RT. While I like the changes that 8.1RT has brought, I am having a few issues, primarily with the Mail App and battery life (the latter I have posted in the appropriate thread in this forum).

Basically, my problem with the Mail App is as follows:

I have 3 email accounts - a Gmail account (has about 5000 mails and is about 4 GB in size); an Outlook Account and a Work-related account (both quite small). I added these accounts to the Mail app using the wizard and there were no problems. However, it has now been 4 days and the Mail app - this is true both on my RT and on desktop machine (running 8.1) - is still syncing. In the process, the Mail App (more on the RT than on the desktop) has become sluggish. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Mail app a couple of times but to no avail (the last time I did this was about 4 days back). I do get new mails, but they seem to be a little delayed.

I have the following settings for all the mail accounts: (1) Download email every 15 mins; (2) Download email from 'All the Time'. I need the last option sometimes for reference purposes.

What should I do? Is this happening to anyone else? If yes, and if you have solved the problem, could you please share how you did so?

Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs