12-04-2013 05:38 PM
37 12
tools
    I had this issue with the Surface 2 I bought from Argos here in the UK, took it back and got a new one which is fine.
    That is good to know that there are good ones out there. Didnt seem right that they would build it with a loose volume rocker. I am going to take mine back again to see if I can get a good one. Thanks for the info!
    10-29-2013 06:19 PM
    I don't have play, but mine clicks loudly, is that normal? My RT made virtually no noise
    10-29-2013 07:47 PM
    I don't have play, but mine clicks loudly, is that normal? My RT made virtually no noise
    I think the loud clicking is normal as mine does that too (even though it is loose) and so does the power button.
    10-30-2013 04:21 PM
    I just went to Staples and their display unit has a loose volume rocker too. I bought mine at Best Buy. Maybe this is just how they are built and I am being over sensitive.
    10-31-2013 11:16 AM
    I just went to Staples and their display unit has a loose volume rocker too. I bought mine at Best Buy. Maybe this is just how they are built and I am being over sensitive.
    I don't think MS did this on purpose, especially since the S1 was rock solid. I'm guessing the early patch just has some defects with the chassis. My volume is loose as well but it didn't start off like that. It became loose after a few days. I still don't like it but I'm starting to get used to it. Debating if I should still send it to MS since the only person it bugs is me.
    10-31-2013 01:57 PM
    I fianlly received my Advanced Exchange unit today and there is no play in the volume rocker so I am quite pleased.

I can post a video of the comparison later.

I would encourage anyone who has one with excess play or rattle to exchange it for another. I have yet to turn it on to check the backlight....fingers crossed!
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-05-2013 11:25 AM
    I fianlly received my Advanced Exchange unit today and there is no play in the volume rocker so I am quite pleased.

I can post a video of the comparison later.

I would encourage anyone who has one with excess play or rattle to exchange it for another. I have yet to turn it on to check the backlight....fingers crossed!
    That is good news! Glad to hear u got a good one!

I returned my 3rd unit to best buy and went to the Microsoft store and purchased one from there. The rocker no longer rattles! There must just be a bad batch out there. I am very happy with my Surface 2 now!
    rav16 and HeyCori like this.
    11-07-2013 10:52 PM
    This thread has been quiet for awhile, and I'm wondering if the loose volume rocker is an issue in the later releases of the S2? Any input from late buyers? Thanks.

GC
    12-02-2013 09:18 AM
    This thread has been quiet for awhile, and I'm wondering if the loose volume rocker is an issue in the later releases of the S2? Any input from late buyers? Thanks.

GC
    Well, as I see it we have 2 possibilities: or the issue has dissapeared from recent batches and people is happily playing with the volume rocker and they don't have time to post here, or all the people that gets that defect is imediately murdered in cold blood by MS agents. Simple.

:-P
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-03-2013 09:33 AM
    My rocker still rocks though my rage over it has subsided a bit. I'm the only person that uses my Surface 2 and I usually have the sound off if I don't have headphones. It seems like such a hassle to get the entire device replaced over a faint clicky sound. Though it's likely I'm distracted by the video crash and sound bug, both are much bigger issues that need to be addressed.
    12-03-2013 10:05 AM
    Just got one 3 days ago... yes the volume button rattles. :P
    12-04-2013 05:28 PM
    I bought a Surface 2 on launch day here in the UK and my one was rattling too. I returned it a couple of weeks ago, got a new one last week and the volume rocker is much more sturdy, it doesn't move at all so they must have fixed the problem.
    12-04-2013 05:38 PM
37 12