Surface 2 Screen protector

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just use a Gen 1 one if you want to, the screen size is the same.

Personally, I don't see a need for one, the glass is pretty tough and I wouldn't want anything interfering with the touch responsiveness.

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Just use a Gen 1 one if you want to, the screen size is the same.

Personally, I don't see a need for one, the glass is pretty tough and I wouldn't want anything interfering with the touch responsiveness.

Screen size may be the same, but there are three features above the screen...the camera, the flashlight and whatever the third one is. I thought the 1st Gen RT only had two? I could be wrong.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, you don't own anything that's capable of cutting a small hole in a thin piece of plastic?

MNPSaint

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To get something to cover the screen on day one, I got a generic one called GreatShield for the old Surface Pro from Amazon figuring the cutout should be easy to modify by cutting if need be. The protector was decent but my scissor skill wasn't, lol. It made slight bends in the area around the cutout where it would not stick. Probably would've worked better with an exacto knife but I don't have one and the cutout starts too far to the left so it still wouldn't be perfect. Not willing to experiment with another for the Surface RT and determined to find something specific to the Surface 2, I finally came across Crystal Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector for Microsoft Surface 2 with Windows RT | Green Onions Supply tonight. They also have an anti-glare one. I usually use SGP protectors but they cater more to Apple and Android products, I don't even see one for the RT on their site. The only issue with the Green Onion protector is the price, kind of expensive for one while the GreatShield was $11 for three. Hope this helps and good luck with whichever route you go with.

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My MS store basically threw in the Incipio Plex self healing screen protector (lists for $30, but the MS Store tag says $20...I got it free) with my Surface 2 purchase. I had them install it, and there are no air bubbles or anything. It seems like a quality product, but I think it was designed for the original RT. There is only 1 cutout for the camera so the ambient light sensor and flash are "covered". Everything still seems to work, though. An added bonus is that they said if it ever appears to be defective (i.e., it pulls up at a corner), I can just bring it in and they will replace it free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas