Who's got a fault free Surface 2?

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how many people out there have a Surface 2 free from the back light bleeding, cracking speakers, lose volume rocker etc...?

Inevitably (and totally understandably), forums fill up with posts about problems.

Currently I'm really being put off purchasing one because I've had issues when I tried to buy an RT that was free of issues (ended up giving up and getting a refund after the third one still had the same problems).

So I was just wondering, who is out there are really happy (to try and get a more balanced view).

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say that I got 2 fault-free Surface 2's, even though I do have crackling speaker issues. I am only experience crackling and sound stuttering when streaming Amazon Instant Video through the browser. So I strongly believe this is just a software issue. The overall sound of the speakers in the Surface 2 is quite different from the Surface RT, but I wouldn't call it a hardware defect. It just sounds overly processed to simulate surround sound, and this processing comes at the expense of bass, fullness, and loudness.

Everything else with my Surface 2's appears to be fine. The screens look fantastic and the overall construction seems flawless.

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Apart from IE11's inconsiderate and continuous closing on me, which has since been fixed with the latest update, mine is perfect. Volume rocker is great, speakers don't crackle. For me, I've had a great experience, hardware-wise. And, if you were to pick up a Surface 2 like mine, then I would absolutely encourage to get one. My first gen RT was an incredible, flawless piece of hardware, too. My 2 is even better.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I was just wondering, who is out there are really happy (to try and get a more balanced view).

I'm not problem free, I do have the sound issue, but I am happy with my S2. It looks as though the sound/software problems should be fixed via an update.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Other than the tinny speakers, mine seems to be operating normally. No crashes (except a couple apps) , and IE has been solid so far.

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
only IE crashes here, tho it seems solid after the update.. and maybe a few bugs and slowdowns but nothing compared to my Surface RT, and my iPad! :)

jonldevries

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Here are my issues

ie crashing, fixed with update

speakers crackling in some software, seems to be in all third party apps

a weird black line to the left shows up when i close an app

touch keyboard doesnt always show up, have to reboot

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement S2 today and this one is working as it should and has no problems so far and hopefully it will stay this way.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
This is my first windows device in a long time and I gotta say it is blowing me away constantly. I have found nothing to complain about as yet. It is solid great build quality and very responsive. I prefer the kb to my iPads kb for sure. Still in the honeymoon phase, but not found any issues that weren't user error yet. Happy to have it.
Side note: since I'm not a windows user for quite some time(years), I found a handy manual online that gives pretty good answers to most of my questions. Just Google surface2 user guide and give it a download. A good go to reference if your like me and not a recent user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans