Pro (1)
Screenshot (2).png

Pro 2
Screenshot-2-pro2.png

Pro (1)
Screenshot (3).png

Pro 2
Screenshot-pro2.png

Pro (1) is the 128Gb model while Pro 2 is the 256Gb model (the 8gb ram one)

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think that 3dmark ice storn RT app is not a good measure because the surface pro 1 is already pretty much maxing it out. But yea it's interesting to note that CPU performance is essentially the same and GPU performance is 15-20% better.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I think that 3dmark ice storn RT app is not a good measure because the surface pro 1 is already pretty much maxing it out. But yea it's interesting to note that CPU performance is essentially the same and GPU performance is 15-20% better.

Yes the 3D mark tests are all maxed out on both pro 1&2 except for the last test. I couldn't find any other easy to run tests though. Maybe I'll install the desktop version later on for a proper test. So far my impression is similar to the tests, both tablets are the same in normal usage with the big differences being battery life, memory (8 Gb is a nice thing to have) and of course kickstand. On the pro 2 even the normal position of the stand is slightly different (maybe 1-2?).

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
More fast benchmarks with the free version of PCMARK 8 (desktop).

Home test Surface Pro (1)
pro1_home.png

Home test Surface Pro 2
pro2_home.png

Creative professionals test Surface Pro (1)
pro1_creative1.png
pro1_creative2.png

Creative professionals test Surface Pro 2
pro2_creative1.png
pro2_creative2.png

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, battery life is better and more importantly (to me) the two positions kick stand is much more useful. I was posting the comparisons for speed for people that are considering upgrading from the pro1 to the pro2 or for people that want a pro and are tempted by the good prices the pro 1 are getting. If you're not worried about 5 hours battery life (light use) the pro 1 is actually a very attractive machine. I'm still undecided about upgrading the 1.

PS one huge advantage you get buying the pro2 vs the pro1 is the 200Gb skydrive, if you calculate the price for 200Gb Skydrive and the free Skype minutes the pro 2 and the Pro 1 are not that different in price (128 version) so might as well go for the 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo