rt trade-in value for surface 2 @ windows store?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
so i went into the boston microsoft store and asked how the trade-in program worked for trading an rt for a 2. i told him i know there's no specific trade-in programs, but that i thought there was some kind of hardware program.

he tells me i can get $200 for an apple iphone, ipad, or ipad mini, but "probably less than a hundred for an rt."

is that true? if so, that might be, symbolically speaking, the worst marketing decision yet...even microsoft thinks apple mobile products are more valuable than surface tablets. smh.

was this guy just mistaken? he went into the back and supposedly check w/ someone first, a manager i assume.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I did some investigating on this myself and learned that when you bring a surface in for a trade in, they look it up in a database that tells them the value its worth (in other words they do it through another company). The woman at the support desk was telling me that 32gb RTs were going for $169 and 64gb for $269 for trade in value, but that was before the Surface 2 was released so its possible that it has decreased since then.

The iPad minimum $200 is just the same concept that Best Buy does with the Surface; they look at the listed trade in value and then it systematically bumps up the value to at least $200 if it came back less originally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo