Surface 2 is fantastic!

AndroidRon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
For those of you on the fence about the Surface 2, all I can say is don't be. I am a diehard Android fan (love the customization abilities) and have been through many of their tablets as well as multiple iPads on my quest for that 'perfect' tablet. But the Surface 2 is everything I've been looking for all this time.

Absolutely fantastic battery life, fluid operating system, great HD touchscreen, USB slot, Micro SD card slot, awesome and very useful kickstand and terrific accessories (I have the Type Cover which I love). Microsoft hit a home run and most of us will not miss full Windows 8.1 at all. I don't regret for a second not purchasing the Pro, and in fact, did not want the 'burdens' of the full 8.1 operating system (much lower battery life for one and having to manage 2 different environments).

My favorite features are clearly the amazing battery life, the ability to have 2 programs open at once and the terrific integrated keyboard to take some of the burden off of the painful on-screen typing for long emails/documents. Cannot wait for the Power Cover which will make long distance travel carefree from a power standpoint and is absolutely a brilliant idea by Microsoft. Full Microsoft Office + the 200 GB Skydrive promotion were clearly incredible throw in's that caused me to make the purchase and take the chance on this. Sure glad I did! There are more than enough apps with only a few minor ones that I use that are missing that I am am sure will ultimately arrive.

I have a feeling that interest in this product will build as more people find out just how good it really is. I'm not anti-Apple (I own a 2013 MacBook Air which is just amazing) and not anti-Android (Motorola Droid Maxx for me). I am a cross-platform purchaser who will use the best products, regardless of who makes them, so I think I am a pretty good evaluator (no bias at all) for these things. While I acknowledge the depth of the apps in the Apple world and the amazing customization of Android, I can unabashedly say that the Surface 2 is the best tablet out there, hands down.

Well done Microsoft!

Ron

Rayban7

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel the same way but I've had iPads since day 1 in 2010. The iPad is great but with the way I want to use a tablet, the Surface outperforms the iPad.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 iPads, kindle HD, RT, galaxy note 8, and SP2. I think the S2 is cool and light, but went with the SP2 too change things up a bit. Deep down I like the S2 more. I think its the future if Microsoft can just get the apps.

In case you're wondering.
IPad 1 the kids use it
IPad 2 is for bedroom nighttime chrome cast and reading.
RT is for kids to do school work with and general surfing.
GN8 makes a great remote for my Samsung TV and chrome cast. and note taking for work meetings.
KHD is for the wife... she reads a lot.
SP2 has no specific use yet. its a work in progress.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
For those of you on the fence about the Surface 2, all I can say is don't be. I am a diehard Android fan (love the customization abilities) and have been through many of their tablets as well as multiple iPads on my quest for that 'perfect' tablet. But the Surface 2 is everything I've been looking for all this time.

Absolutely fantastic battery life, fluid operating system, great HD touchscreen, USB slot, Micro SD card slot, awesome and very useful kickstand and terrific accessories (I have the Type Cover which I love). Microsoft hit a home run and most of us will not miss full Windows 8.1 at all. I don't regret for a second not purchasing the Pro, and in fact, did not want the 'burdens' of the full 8.1 operating system (much lower battery life for one and having to manage 2 different environments).

My favorite features are clearly the amazing battery life, the ability to have 2 programs open at once and the terrific integrated keyboard to take some of the burden off of the painful on-screen typing for long emails/documents. Cannot wait for the Power Cover which will make long distance travel carefree from a power standpoint and is absolutely a brilliant idea by Microsoft. Full Microsoft Office + the 200 GB Skydrive promotion were clearly incredible throw in's that caused me to make the purchase and take the chance on this. Sure glad I did! There are more than enough apps with only a few minor ones that I use that are missing that I am am sure will ultimately arrive.

I have a feeling that interest in this product will build as more people find out just how good it really is. I'm not anti-Apple (I own a 2013 MacBook Air which is just amazing) and not anti-Android (Motorola Droid Maxx for me). I am a cross-platform purchaser who will use the best products, regardless of who makes them, so I think I am a pretty good evaluator (no bias at all) for these things. While I acknowledge the depth of the apps in the Apple world and the amazing customization of Android, I can unabashedly say that the Surface 2 is the best tablet out there, hands down.

Well done Microsoft!

Ron

Thanks Ron. I agree. I too was on the fence and picked one up. I am very happy I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro