German Windows RT 8.1 Surface 2 image/usb recovery

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,
I recently bought a Surface 2 when I was in Italy (which has a Windows RT for Italy-Portugal-Spain), but me as a german speaker want a native german windows rt (even with the language pack, some parts of the system are still italian or spanish). So my question is, if anyone with a german Surface 2 could make an USB Recovery stick and upload it...?

I would appreciate it!

Regards,
Julian

clavecinist

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Julian,

I bought my S2 in the U.S. and installed the German language pack as the main language. If you're using it in Deutschland, ?sterreich, etc, you need to set the regional and language settings to match your country, or you can end up with a bizarre mix of languages. Also, be sure the language pack has downloaded and installed entirely. My other computer restored the German version of apps after upgrading to 8.1, but the OS itself was in English. It was very confusing. Lastly, I made a recovery key and it was still in English. Schade.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey clavecinist,

yea basically the same thing happened to me. I already set everything to german, so at least the welcome screen is in german. I also tried to restore it with a recovery key which was created with the german language pack, but no success. So my idea now is, to try it with a german recovery key! But to do this, I need to get one and so I'm asking here :eek:rly:

Here I made a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eun4k78spnfv2x4/Screenshot1.png

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To set your entire system (including welcome screen and so on) to your preferred language you should go to the controle panel on the desktop > time, language, area > area and then administrative settings > copy language settings (Bare with me if the menu names aren't exact, my main language isn't English). Here you will be able to copy you current language to the entire system.
I had the same problem on the original Surface RT Bought in England, and wanted to install the Danish language pack! :)

Hope this helps.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey v0lum3,

thank you for your response. As I mentioned before, I already did this, but thx anyway for you response!!
Like on the screenshot, you can see, that not everything is in german... So I was hoping if someone would be so glad to upload an image of his recovery USB Stick (which you can create using this article: Create a USB recovery drive for Microsoft Surface | Free up Surface storage space ) created by a german Surface 2...

MaDLiVe

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't find these on the MS website anymore. I am looking for an US/GB version of the recovery. If you could host one that would be great. I have a scandanavian surface2 and have the same half translation issues.

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Pls livek hw can I download dis surface rt recovery cos my MS has not been working for the past 3month
What do you mean? You just download the five files and put them together using winrar...
Note that this is a German image (just like the thread title states haha) for Surface 2...since you said "surface rt" I'm not sure if you have a Surface 1 or Surface 2...

Hope that helped ; )

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre