Surface pro will not boot from USB

tlman12

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
so i have a surface pro that i've been testing on and for some reason now holding the volume down and the power button will not allow me to boot from USB

i know the usb is good because i can boot another surface pro with it, also on the surface having issues i can do advanced boot options and choose USB and it did work.

this is a surface i've been testing MDT deployments on so i don't know if that has anything to do with it? i know that when i go into the boot from other device menu i have multiple windows boot loader options (5-6 pages)

my problem is now the surface is blue screening and will not boot into windows so i have to boot from usb to repair it and i am un-able to.

does anyone know how to "hard" reset it? or something i may be able to do to get to a point where i can reset the bootloader.

at this point i'm pretty sure i tried everything but i'm willing to try anything to try to figure this out for future possibilities because we have quite a few.

here is the screen i'm getting when it boots

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired
The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

File: \windows\system32\winload.efi
Error code: 0xc0000225

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installati9on media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or a USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacture.

Press the Windows key for UEFI Firmware Settings.

Krayvis

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I know it's been a while since you posted this but I'm hoping you receive email notifications.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm getting the same basic error are you are (the File and Error Code are different) but otherwise its the same error and it won't boot to the USB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon