Surface 2 Full Backup

Javichu1984

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody.

Is there any way of doing a full Backup of the Surface 2? I had Windows Home Server for my Backups, but Windows RT do not accept the connector needed for Backup.

I know that through SkyDrive all the apps and settings are saved, but what about all the Outlook accounts? And the desktop config?

For all the people that is exchanging their defective Surface 2, is not really usefull to config all again and again... What are you doing?

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Everything is synced to your SkyDrive account incl you live tiles setup and apps that you have downloaded. If you setup a new Windows 8.1 device using the same MS account as your earlier Windows 8.1 device then you get the option to restore same settings as earlier device incl WiFi SSID, apps, passwords, bookmarks etc

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
SkyDrive pretty much saved and transferred all my settings from my Surface RT. Desktop background. Bookmarks. Apps. Start screen layout. Settings. Tracking protection settings. Email accounts. It was pretty thorough. It had me up and running in minutes.

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
When I moved from the Surface RT to the Surface 2, many things did transfer over seamlessly. However, non-Xbox game saves did not come over. I had to manually move those.

I'm sure there are some other things that don't get synced to SkyDrive. It would be good to know exactly what things get automatically synced (Is it based on where the settings/files are saved?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb