I have been looking for deals on an HDMI surface adapter because I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 just to hook it up to my TV, after a little reading I realized the port on the Surface/2 is just a micro HDMI port, $10 at radioshack boom, Halo spartan assault on my TV.

*why is idiot censored in my post title, is that offensive?
    10-29-2013 10:04 AM
    I have been looking for deals on an HDMI surface adapter because I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 just to hook it up to my TV, after a little reading I realized the port on the Surface/2 is just a micro HDMI port, $10 at radioshack boom, Halo spartan assault on my TV.

*why is idiot censored in my post title, is that offensive?
    ID10T

My assumption was you called yourself an a-hole, haha.

But congrats on solving the issue, hopefully you have a wired controller too?
    10-29-2013 10:09 AM
    ID10T

My assumption was you called yourself an a-hole, haha.

But congrats on solving the issue, hopefully you have a wired controller too?
    I do but I'd like to get a wireless adapter and the controller to go along with.

I dont know if not realizing the type of port calls for anything so harsh lol But its funny that ID10T has been blocked. Makes the post seem taboo.
    10-29-2013 10:11 AM
    Yes, the language filter blocks *****

Other comments about our filter should be directed to the appropriate forum. Thanks.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpc...feedback-help/
    10-29-2013 11:16 AM
    I can never get the sound to play from the TV when I connect. It just plays from the surface's speakers. I must be missing some tweak within the TV then? Or on the surface?
    10-29-2013 11:22 AM
    I can never get the sound to play from the TV when I connect. It just plays from the surface's speakers. I must be missing some tweak within the TV then? Or on the surface?
    I think you could just go to playback devices under sound (right click on the speaker in desktop mode). Your HDMI should be listed as an output. Select it and then set it as default or active to get sound from that port.
    10-29-2013 11:49 AM
    Think I might splash out on one of those cheaper ones.
    10-29-2013 03:51 PM
    I think you could just go to playback devices under sound (right click on the speaker in desktop mode). Your HDMI should be listed as an output. Select it and then set it as default or active to get sound from that port.
    Thanks I did that and everything looked as it should then I toggled the volume slider and it started working. Weird, it was in the full volume position already, but moving it up and down did the trick. Working fine now.
    10-29-2013 11:56 PM