Sleep Issues Since 8.1

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the Surface Pro not sleeping since 8.1? It seems like it won't go to sleep as often as it did in the past. Here lately, if I just let it sleep on its own, it wont and I go back in a few hours and the battery is near critical levels. This didn't happen as often before 8.1. Could it be due to the way to handles with closing or not closing apps now?

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the Surface Pro not sleeping since 8.1? It seems like it won't go to sleep as often as it did in the past. Here lately, if I just let it sleep on its own, it wont and I go back in a few hours and the battery is near critical levels. This didn't happen as often before 8.1. Could it be due to the way to handles with closing or not closing apps now?

What is the sleep timer set to?

fishhead_soup

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I suffered thru the same sleep problems. The only solution that worked reliably was to leave the home group. Swipe search type home group settings then tap leave home group (sorry can't remember exact terminology.)

Sent from me using Tapatalk

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a surface pro, but all my windows 8.1 laptops seem to have issues with sleep. One laptop that I have hooked up to an external monitor never, ever goes to sleep- always has to be put to sleep manually, and my main laptop refuses to sleep on certain power plans (even if I manually trigger it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans