No Email Sound Notification

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting a notification sound when I receive an email. I do receive them for Facebook notifications though. Does the email app not have this feature?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Sound Emai Notification?

Yes it does have a sound notification.
You may have to go into Settings>Account>Show Email Notifications
Not sure if that is required for sound but I do have sound and that turned on.

Sorry for giving false information. You are right :wink:

Rayban7

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Go into sound in control panel and make sure that there is a sound for new mail messages.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    280 KB · Views: 10

TheCodifier

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Mine plays a sound but, for some reason, even with the volume at 100, I can barely hear it.

That's because the volume of the speakers on the Surface 2 is all around very low. That's a pain when watching videos and listening some music with the integrated speakers. And it's a pain for the notifications too.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

That's because the volume of the speakers on the Surface 2 is all around very low. That's a pain when watching videos and listening some music with the integrated speakers. And it's a pain for the notifications too.

Mine are fine listening to music etc.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the sound to work. The trick is that you must have the show notifications turned on in your email account settings. If the show notifications feature is not turned on you will hear no sound when receiving an email.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the sound to work. The trick is that you must have the show notifications turned on in your email account settings. If the show notifications feature is not turned on you will hear no sound when receiving an email.
Dude..that is what I told you a few replies ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs