Photo editing apps with brush control

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good photo editing app that allows for granular control using brush tools. Things like, spot touch up or lightening/darkening certain parts of the photo with the cursor, or ideally, a capacitive stylus.

I have to say I miss my full Photoshop, but knowing the RT limitations I'm hoping there's a good option available for editing a little more granularly than simply pressing buttons for photo filter effects.

Any tips?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This is a terrible idea and honestly a waste of a post.... That said, you could use Fresh Paint technically!

Yep, an awful if technically true tip. But you get what you pay for or something...

Sadly I do not know of any apps that offer any kind of brush tools. Although there are ones that allow you to at least tweak levels and such. Microsoft's own Photos app isn't half bad in this department. There are of course other photo editing apps out there (including Photoshop Express), but I cannot vouch for their quality nor do I know their features.

I'm so helpful, I know

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
So here's something I noticed.. in the new Surface commercial it shows a guy editing a picture in a studio using a brush tool and a Jot stylus.

I wonder what app that was.

Edit: never mind. Looks like it was a Pro running Photoshop in the commercial

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa