Real World Battery Life

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
If he means what I think he means, then I'd like to point out that with moderate use you'd be lucky yo make it through two days with any smartphone. Although my Lumia 920 had a weird issue where the battery would just start draining really fast for no apparent reason, so I hope that's not what's going on.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the same type of issue. I did a reset in it, been good since. If I have more than normal battery drain or flickering, I will go through the normal making sure nothing is running in the back ground , ie is shut down, if all is well it has always been an app that did not load right. Uninstall and reload. Move on.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to have to agree with the consensus that you might have a defective unit, because even my Surface Pro 2 (which should, obviously, be sucking juice at a much faster rate) is getting better battery life.

Same here. When I had the RT I was getting more as well.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just did a rundown for 90 mins. Only surfing, 10 mins video in IE, battery dropped 22%. This would be less than 7 hours. Screen brightness was 50%, 5 bars WiFi.

Would you think that something is wrong with my surface 2?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just did a rundown for 90 mins. Only surfing, 10 mins video in IE, battery dropped 22%. This would be less than 7 hours. Screen brightness was 50%, 5 bars WiFi.

Would you think that something is wrong with my surface 2?

That's drain more than I'm getting. I seem to be getting 5 to 10 % an hour. I'm not sure how much the battery will "settle" with time.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a new l920 and my battery is poor I just have 3 days with the phone what should I do ?

Check what's running in the background, shut off things you don't use, and give it some time.
My Lumia's battery life improved with every day usage.
Now i tend to have 1.5 / 2 days before i have to charge it again. At this moment i have 69% and still 21 hours and 13 minutes to go untill i have to charge it again

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So, after my reinstall I am two hours in (I mostly watched stuff on Netflix) and have burned 28%. Better than yesterday, but still not good enough to get me near to the ten hour mark. I suppose there are things I could try to increase my battery life, but I really shouldn't need to go get close to what is promised by Microsoft. It's not quite a deal-breaker for me, but it's very disappointing.

Also I'm having a weird problem now: every now and then a bar of what appears to be nothing but a mess of pixels flickers on my screen for a single frame. It doesn't appear to be tied to any particular application either. Very puzzling.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe better battery with use. That's how my phone was. I took mine off the charges yesterday morning and haven't charged it yet. Its been used quite a bit. more than 7 hours.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So, after my reinstall I am two hours in (I mostly watched stuff on Netflix) and have burned 28%. Better than yesterday, but still not good enough to get me near to the ten hour mark. I suppose there are things I could try to increase my battery life, but I really shouldn't need to go get close to what is promised by Microsoft. It's not quite a deal-breaker for me, but it's very disappointing.

Also I'm having a weird problem now: every now and then a bar of what appears to be nothing but a mess of pixels flickers on my screen for a single frame. It doesn't appear to be tied to any particular application either. Very puzzling.

Definitely starting to sound like you picked up an effective unit, that's worse battery life even than my Surface Pro 2, and the odd pixel thing only seems to support that theory.

justforphun

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My battery life also seems not to be like intended.
I get 6-7 hours of expected battery life from powercfg /batteryreport.

When playing games (MS Solitair mostly) it leaches like 20-25% per hour.
When only surfing and youtube it takes about 15-20% per hour.

Don't know what to think about those stats, seems like defective battery or something strange with software or apps.

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So for me it appeared that my surface 2 was suffering from battery issues but I am much more hesitant to claim that now that I have turned brightness down to 50%. With max brightness before I was only getting 7hrs of active usage consistently. Now I am on pace for 10hrs.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Noticed that my battery drains pretty fast too. I was dropping around 12-13% an hour. That's mostly from web browsing and Office. Also had a few games suspended in the background. With drainage like that I couldn't imagine getting anything more than 7-10 hours out of mines. I also don't employ any battery saving techniques either. WiFi and Bluetooth stays on. I also heavily use my Bluetooth keyboard as well. Screen brightness never dips below 100% either. I can't tell if that's common or if something's wrong.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Noticed that my battery drains pretty fast too. I was dropping around 12-13% an hour. That's mostly from web browsing and Office. Also had a few games suspended in the background. With drainage like that I couldn't imagine getting anything more than 7-10 hours out of mines. I also don't employ any battery saving techniques either. WiFi and Bluetooth stays on. I also heavily use my Bluetooth keyboard as well. Screen brightness never dips below 100% either. I can't tell if that's common or if something's wrong.

notsureif.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99