Youtube Playlist Issues

kokoko86

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, so purchased the Surface 2 today and ran all the available updates.

Having an issue with YouTube in Internet Explorer 11 when trying to go through videos in a playlist.

So what happens is an advertisement will run first, but then after the ad is run, IExplorer kind of reloads the page, and skips to the next video in the playlist. Which means I end up with a non stop advertisement loop because they think I have watched the actual content I was after.

For example trying to play the Maroon 5 VEVO clips will give me this endless loop.

Anybody else had these issues or found a way to fix it? I'd rather not have to download an app for it and just run it from the browser.

Thanks in advance.

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, so purchased the Surface 2 today and ran all the available updates.

Having an issue with YouTube in Internet Explorer 11 when trying to go through videos in a playlist.

So what happens is an advertisement will run first, but then after the ad is run, IExplorer kind of reloads the page, and skips to the next video in the playlist. Which means I end up with a non stop advertisement loop because they think I have watched the actual content I was after.

For example trying to play the Maroon 5 VEVO clips will give me this endless loop.

Anybody else had these issues or found a way to fix it? I'd rather not have to download an app for it and just run it from the browser.

Thanks in advance.
Well, your first issue was trying to run a Maroon 5 VEVO clip...heyo! Sorry, I don't have anything constructive to say :) I'll try to replicate your issue though.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
First off, welcome to wpcentral!

Now on your issue, do you have all the latest software updates in windows update? Because that might solve it.

kokoko86

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the super quick response guys. I had the issue both prior to and after updating everything.

ive now tried logging in with a seperate Microsoft account and it seems to be working? The difference is the same playlist is not giving me video ads but just pop ups. Ill try and find a clip that does video ads and see if it works out.

kokoko86

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
After some probing around, the same link in YouTube which repeatedly loops on one account has no issues on another account. I assume somewhere during setup (was custom instead of express) something must be turned off which YouTube isn't happy with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb