Tried a Surface 2 today

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to staples today and they had the new Surfaces. The presentation was terrible. Shame on staples. Nothing was setup just taken out of the box and plugged in. No sample pictures basic games books or anything. I managed to setup the Wi-Fi so it would get on the net. I turned on the Pro and it started doing updates. These stores and their staff just bug me.

Well now that that is off my chest I wanted to mention how much the touch experience has improved on the Surface 2. (Disclaimer) The only tablet I have is a nook hd. $150 what can I say. I have been running Win8 on my desktop since it was released. I want to get a surface maybe next year.

Every time I go into a store BB or staples I spend some time with the Surfaces. I also went to the MS store in Boston, and another trip is coming soon. The problem that I had with the old Surfaces was I could not thumb type on screen while holding the device. I could hold it with one hand and poke with a finger or lay it down and type like a keyboard but thumb typing NO. One of the few helpful BB staffers I have encountered worked out that the pad of my thumb was too big. I guess the os figured my big fat thumbs was a stray or erroneous touch.

Today the Surface on screen key board just worked perfect. I really have to allocate money for one now.

OH Yes we need a plain snap in screen protector. I know I could get away without a touch cover but I want a protective cover.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
You know you can change the size of the keys and the keyboard layout, right? I thumb type all the time using the large keys and the split keyboard option...I think it's awesome and the easiest to use the on-screen keyboard in landscape mode. Takes a little getting used to at first, but worth being persistent with it as you'll be able to fly once you get it down.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nice tip, however I wasn't having trouble with the size of the keys. The touch screen was not recognizing thumb touches anywhere.

justforphun

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You know you can change the size of the keys and the keyboard layout, right? I thumb type all the time using the large keys and the split keyboard option...I think it's awesome and the easiest to use the on-screen keyboard in landscape mode. Takes a little getting used to at first, but worth being persistent with it as you'll be able to fly once you get it down.

Is it possible to change the size of the keys in split keyboard mode?
That's nice, got to check that. For me the keys are too small in split mode. Would be perfect!

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to change the size of the keys in split keyboard mode?
That's nice, got to check that. For me the keys are too small in split mode. Would be perfect!
I just tried this and the default is the largest size so you may be out of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb