Hows the Surface RT running these days?

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So I used to own a Surface RT (and loved it), which I sold to gather funds to get a Surface Pro (which I also love). Now I?m looking for a second screen to compliment my Surface Pro. I have a couple of long commutes, and I really don?t like taking my Pro with me (I constantly worry about the $1000 piece of hardware in my bag), so I?m looking for a second tablet.
I can?t really quite afford a Surface2, butI can get a Surface RT64gb + Touch Cover for pretty cheap,and I?m just wondering if its still running ok.
Please help me RT owners.How is it runningwith8.1?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
But that's not a given. The 1st Nexus 7 is about the same age and it's awful today.

You can't really compare apples to oranges. The N7 may have the same processor, but it will definitely show signs of struggle since it has 1GB of RAM and it's running Android, and we all know how 'it's so hungry, it could eat a horse'-power.

The Surface RT with 8.1 performance can be compared to those netbooks with Intel Atom processors like the HP Envy x2.

Here's a demo: HP ENVY X2 vs ASUS VIVOTAB RT - YouTube It may not be the Surface RT but it has the same specs.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I had my mind set on getting the Surface 2, but every time I use my Surface RT, I ask myself why? My Surface RT still does what I need to accomplish at the speed I am happy with. It can play Halo: SA very well and continues to impress my friends who have seen it and see the features. At the price they are available today, it is offers very good appeal.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i'd just like to see Microsoft enable 5th core for all their tegra devices....don't need more performance but want the extra battery life.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You know you could wait until the Surface Mini comes out next year or look at the Dell Venue Pro. I've heard good reviews about that device as well and its full blown Windows.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I went and played with the Surface 2 at the MS store the other day and I was actually underwhelmed by the performance improvements. My Surface RT works fine, but surfing the web is a bit painful (especially going back... Its agonizingly slow at reloading those pages). I was not seeing that much improvement in speed for those circumstances on the Surface 2.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
While I like the 2 stage kickstand and 1080 display, it's not actually necessary to upgrade from Surface RT. It still gets things done, and it has that same functionality, but performance will be faster. Still, upgrading would only be a want and not a need.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the RT yesterday. I was pretty pleasantly surprised at how easy and smooth the update process to 8.1 was.

Really happy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo