I've finally gave up, and went to the store with my unit to exchange it, due to it's speaker problems. I opened a new one, and it has horrible excess play in volume rocker, like a lot of people... So, I've return it definetly and got my money back.

I will buy it again in the future, when another batch with better hardware assembly reach the stores, and hopefully all the firmware problems are solved...

My batch was 1341.

See you soon Surface! :(
    11-06-2013 12:15 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with defective Surface 2.

I hope you will be able to get a nice tablet without any QA issues.
    11-06-2013 12:17 AM
    Ouch... That's not fun. Hope you get a Surface that's working. Luckily my Surface has been great since I opened the package.
    11-06-2013 02:18 AM
    I've finally gave up, and went to the store with my unit to exchange it, due to it's speaker problems. I opened a new one, and it has horrible excess play in volume rocker, like a lot of people... So, I've return it definetly and got my money back.

I will buy it again in the future, when another batch with better hardware assembly reach the stores, and hopefully all the firmware problems are solved...

My batch was 1341.

See you soon Surface! :(
    Hope its not a long wait for you. I got a good one and I determined yesterday i spend too much time on it.
    11-06-2013 06:46 AM
    I really do not believe that the speaker problem is hardware-related. It's too bad that you exchanged your first one if that was the only problem. I think it is only a matter of time before the software/firmware issues are resolved.
    11-06-2013 09:31 AM
    My speaker problem was that the right speaker sound less tan left, and also sounded with less hights. The tone was completely different, so I asume it was hardware issue, as the demo unit don't have this problem...

I had only till Sunday for exchanges and returns, and if there was no software issue and is hardware, I had to live with a defective 529€ Tablet? So I took no risks, and when everything is updated, and working OK, I will buy it again, and Exchange it as many times as I get a barely perfect unit.
    11-06-2013 09:37 AM
    I had to go through 3 before I found an acceptable unit. First on hard locked frequently and had really bad flashlighting. Second had 2 dime size white splotches in the LCD screen and a loose volume rocker. 3rd only had a problem with the volume rocker but at that point I was not going to accept one in that condition. The 4th had been great so far, the volume rocker is a little looser than the 1st unit but acceptable. I think there is a major QC issue.
    11-07-2013 10:51 PM