11-13-2013 03:21 AM
34 12
tools
    Does anyone grasp the fact that every time you post a link to some obscure negative article you are making it less obscure/more likely to climb a Google search index? If you like your tablet use it and, if you wish, post a comment on the negative article on its host site. Why insist though on perpetuating the article's existence by whining (with a link) on this or any other site? It achieves nothing and, in fact, is counter productive since it draws attention to something most would never otherwise see and gives the site hits (i.e., advertising dollars).
    Boss what is whining here ? We are discussing here why/ how the tech media is actually killing a other wise soild product and effort with their biased and extremely childish reviews .
    Knowing this many will infact take a note to read actual users review or go in a store and check the surface for themselves .
    Btw I have a ipad2 running great , my laptop too is MacBook Air , yet I feel that the tech media is unfair with a product .

Like the gentleman above said , surface or ipad don't have to kill each other , but surface must be allowed to be soild second choice because it delivers something so soild which no other tablet delivers .
    11-08-2013 12:09 AM
    Microsoft posts record revenue, Surface sales double.- GSMArena.com

Killing the Surface 2 ?

Perhaps with your sensationalized headline you're adding to the mistruth.
    11-08-2013 02:37 AM
    I used those examples as forms of recent technology that amalgamated from other influences or successful technologies that originally were considered silly/ridiculous but eventually praised by the media/consumers. The response to "Why does it need to be compared to something that it already exists" from that specific user was a silly response, so i complied and re-responded with a silly answer.

With that said, i hold no bias. the review is crap, not because he doesnt like the device but because hes arguments are bad. I said this earlier...i also didn't say Surface 2 should be loved blindly, we know thats impossible since its a Microsoft product. Im saying this review is confused and constantly referring to the device as an identity criss as an excuse to withhold his own bias (its even more clear in the comments section). After 2 or 3 days, dont you think a general consumer would understand the advantages/disadvantages of Surface 2? I would assume someone with a technology background such as his would be able to distinguish the device rather than crying about its confusion.

I am not defending the product, i am debating the authors un-biased approach to reviewing the product. Its a misleading review, i know this just by watching a ton of released video reviews...some negative and some positive...but at least informative.

You can call me bias and thats fine, i actually dont care but felt i should at least correct your statement towards me. I never once said the product is godly or revolutonary, i just said its trying to evolve multiple products into one. I think based on what you read, you selectively decided i was bias towards MS. Or maybe it was my past comments on how i have a Nexus 7 and do not like the device, which is a personal opinion...but i never said Android or Apple products are BAD. Yes, some people on these boards are BIAS...its very obvious...but i wouldnt say im one of them. I cant be bias towards a Surface RT/2...i never even used the damn thing! LOL
    ^^This.
    11-08-2013 06:41 AM
    Boss what is whining here ? We are discussing here why/ how the tech media is actually killing a other wise soild product and effort with their biased and extremely childish reviews .
    Knowing this many will infact take a note to read actual users review or go in a store and check the surface for themselves .
    Btw I have a ipad2 running great , my laptop too is MacBook Air , yet I feel that the tech media is unfair with a product .

Like the gentleman above said , surface or ipad don't have to kill each other , but surface must be allowed to be soild second choice because it delivers something so soild which no other tablet delivers .
    I think it's good to refute articles with thought out reasons. Otherwise, these bloggers control the narrative entirely, and it steam rolls from there. They are just people with one big megaphone, but us fans have more little megaphones through comments that we can use to at least provide a second perspective.
    11-08-2013 12:09 PM
    Do I see another of my comic coming here? - http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...ed-review.html
    rav16 likes this.
    11-08-2013 12:17 PM
    For all the people who hate us posting negative reviews about Surface 2 because it doubles publicity...here you go (forwarded to me from my anti-microsoft buddy from work)

Microsoft's Surface 2 still falls short of greatness - Nov. 8, 2013

WOW
    11-08-2013 02:30 PM
    vbwvs.jpg
    rav16 and Daylife like this.
    11-09-2013 04:38 AM
    Well, if you want to read "journalism" by a blatant Microsoft employee, shill and evangelist, you can always go read Peter Bright's "articles" over at Ars Technica. It's the only website I've seen that attempts to give the impression of objectivity, but has 3 rabid Microsoft fanboy/employee moderators on it's "Battlefront" operating system forum who brook no insulting the mother-ship, one of whom is Mr. Bright himself (DrPizza.) "Horatio" is the attack dog, however. Criticize Microsoft and see how long it takes to be banned. He's quite... sensitive.

Here's Peter doing what he's paid to do: be a company man and defend the brand.

"The notion that analysis and review articles should be "impartial, fair, and unbiased" is ludicrous. You can't write a meaningful review of a device from a neutral, objective standpoint. There are always usage scenarios that are important to some people and irrelevant to others, and these will consistently influence reviews--as they should! If you just want a spec sheet, read the damn spec sheet.
    It's almost guaranteed that complaints of the form you take are not actually complaints about "opinion" or "bias". Rather, they are complaints that the author does not share the same biases and opinions as the commenter.
    I write this as a journalist (http://arstechnica.com/author/... who promises to never write a review that is anything other than subjective and opinionated."

That the kind of "journalism" you want to read?
    ohgood likes this.
    11-12-2013 09:38 PM
    Only Microsoft is to blame.

The product line is too confusing for the average consumer. They made winRT too similar to x86 windows, and now it bears the consequences. People don't expect full osx in the ipad, because they are very different.

Ms should just launch a surface with clover trail, and most problems will disappear.

Rt must (and will?) look closer to win phone.
    ohgood and JKing106 like this.
    11-13-2013 03:21 AM
34 12