Skype microphone problem on surface 2

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone experience microphone problem on Skype 2? The person that I talk to has problem listening to me as he describe that the volume is too low, there is echo and some sort of knocking sound. Is this a software problem or hardware problem?

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's a software problem or a hardware problem, but I am experiencing that too. I have to shout to get people to listen to me. The front camera also seems to perform badly on moderate lighting conditions. On top of that, for some reason Skype keeps setting my status to invisible automatically, and it affects my laptop and phone as well.

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
hmm from the way I see it, I believe that it is skype's problem because i have no problem using speech recognition and video recording. However my front camera is working fine. I even tried setting the microphone's array volume to 100......

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
With or without the screen protector, same result. I tried it. The hole beside the front camera is the microphone???
I have a screen protector on mine, and I think that my microphone volume is low when I have skyped with others. I don't do it often so I'm not sure. Can someone confirm if the second hole beside the FFC is the mic because my screen protector covers that? Thanks.

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
So i try to do something again to see if its the screen protector that is the source of the problem. I tried cutting the part that is blocking the hole beside the front camera. It works. That hole is the microphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa