November Update

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Updates comming peeps, praise jebus! :D
Well a lot of the problems listed here and other forums, seems to be on the list here! Lets hope it fixes my problem with lock screen freezes, hardware failures in the system log, and no notifications when in sleep! And perhaps better batterylife! Fingers crossed! :)

November 2013 updates

• Performance improvements for all Type Cover and Touch Cover versions.
  • Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver updates to improve wireless display performance.
  • Camera improvements.
  • Audio improvements including switching to speaker playback after disconnecting a headset.
  • System performance and stability improvements.
  • Battery life improvements.

Microsoft Surface 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Get it while its hot! ;)

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just did the update and I can verify that I am still experiencing the two big speaker/sound issues. The speaker volume is still way too low. And I am still experiencing crackling and sound stuttering on Amazon Instant Video streaming. Oh well, maybe next update :cry:

techknight

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
These updates are part of the regular patch Tuesday monthly releases. These updates were likely planned out weeks ago and completed testing.

techknight

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just did the update and I can verify that I am still experiencing the two big speaker/sound issues. The speaker volume is still way too low. And I am still experiencing crackling and sound stuttering on Amazon Instant Video streaming. Oh well, maybe next update :cry:

That's unfortunate. The Amazon Instant Video issue is the one problem I have with my Surface 2.

DarkMess1ah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My Surface 2 seems to black screen after its been charging for ages with the type 2 cover attached. When I un-attach it, i have to restart the whole thing for it to turn on properly. It still reacts when I press the home button, but it never turns back on. Anyone know if this is normal and/or if this fixes it?

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I don't have a surface 2 yet but I'm getting one soon, and I was going to sign up for amazon prime but you guys are talking about having speaker problems. Is it only with amazon prime? How bad is it?

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
not sure if this is related to the update or not, but I'm getting this error when entering the Windows store after the update, It might have nothing to do With it, as it states it might be a server issue?

also, I did not enter the store today before I updated, so it might have been out before aswell.

as for the update, I think it was way smooth already, so I dont see it as much improved, as it was already 10/10 smooth. havnt been able to test battary yet, but I do think the camera improvment are great, but it's always difficult to tell, because the frontfacing camera was already the best FF camera I've seen. so it might be the same Level that is impressing me again and me thinking it's much improved, when it's not?

I Wonder what kind of optimazation they made for the typecover 2, I mean that's what I have, and honestly, there was nothing wrong With it from the start imo, so Im not sure what was improved =)

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    62 KB · Views: 3

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't notice any difference in the speaker volume either. And the sound is still crackling when streaming Amazon Instant Video. So frustrating. Never had that problem with my RT. I wish Amazon would hurry up and make an Amazon Instant Video app for Windows like the one they have for Ipad. Maybe if we all start pestering them, they'll get it done.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I don't have a surface 2 yet but I'm getting one soon, and I was going to sign up for amazon prime but you guys are talking about having speaker problems. Is it only with amazon prime? How bad is it?

For me, it's really bad. Makes watching Amazon Instant Video on my Surface 2 unbearable. I hope there's a fix for this soon. In the meantime, we need to pester Amazon to make an app for Windows.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Surface 2 seems to black screen after its been charging for ages with the type 2 cover attached. When I un-attach it, i have to restart the whole thing for it to turn on properly. It still reacts when I press the home button, but it never turns back on. Anyone know if this is normal and/or if this fixes it?

My surface 1 used to do that all the time!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that at least the battery updates have really worked on.my Surface 2. In 8 hours - with about a total of 1 hour usage involving surfing with 2 tabs open all the time and the Mail app open - the battery reading is at 89%, which is a lot more than what it was before.

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I think battery has been improved quite a bit
Just after updating i watched a late night, 1hr 40min long 720p movie stored on sd card with flight mode ON, minimum brightness with auto adjust on.
battery went from 31% to 20%!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss