TypeCover 2 issue

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody had any issues with the new Type Cover 2 on the Surface 2? Many times during the day, I'll flip the keyboard open to start typing and it won't respond. The keyboard is connected - the 'click' sound helps provide the necessary assurance - but it's just too often that the keyboard won't respond.

The only way to fix it is to disconnect the Type Cover 2, then put it back on... but this doesn't always help either!

Has anybody else had a similar issue and know the reason for it?

Thanks!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me twice, and the unclick and click back in fixed it both times. It is nothing more than a software glitch. Every update they send out "fixes" some things with the blades but so far have not resolved all the issues. How long has this been happening to you? Have you fully updated your Surface?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, that shouldn't happen. It could really be either the cover or the Surface... not sure what to tell you. Unless you have another cover or Surface laying around to test out for a few days

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me this morning, after all night on the charge. I disconnected the type cover, plugged it in and nothing. Disconnected again and waited longer, then connected and it worked. 3rd day with the Surface 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven