Anyone use a type cover 2 on RT yet?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about getting one for mine. Trying to see if anyone has already and thoughts good or bad. Thanks.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I am. I picked up a purple TypeCover2 the day they were released. Love the purple. Not garish like the red and blue, not boring like the black. Although it is even thinner than the TypeCover1, there is still plenty of travel on the keys to make it comfortable and familiar. I never saw the TC1 but from what I hear the touchpad is different on the TC2.

From a typing perspective, the TC2 is outstanding. I can type FASTER on it than I can on my MacBook Pro (probably because of the thinness of the keyboard). The trackpad is pretty bad however. The trackpad "buttons" are not actual buttons and the sensors appear to be offset a bit... not central to each outlined area but skewed a bit closer to the touchpad itself. I often find the left button triggered when pressing the right if I don't press the right button properly.

The touchpad issue has become so annoying that I have resorted to using a bluetooth mouse for typical use and only use the onboard trackpad when it is not practical to use a mouse.

I suspect that Microsoft will address this in the Type Cover 3. But warts and all, the Type Cover 2 is better than the Touch Cover 1 that came bundled with my RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss