Can you play Minecraft On Surface 2?

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if you can play on the Surface 2, since it has a full internet capabilities I thought maybe I can play in the browser? has anyone tried or no anything about it??

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it runs great at 45fps for me, but if you do it online, it'll of course depend on your internet speeds. If you have the type/touch cover 2, I'd recommend a mouse since the trackpad isn't great for games.

Edit: crap, I derped up. I read it as Surface Pro 2 *facepalm*

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if you can play on the Surface 2, since it has a full internet capabilities I thought maybe I can play in the browser? has anyone tried or no anything about it??

I don't think so, Windows RT lacks support for Java, which is what Minecraft utilizes. So unless Minecraft makes a flash version or publishes an app, no RT devices can play it. Sorry.

Of course, I don't actually play, but from what I've heard it uses Java. So please, someone, prove me wrong.

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it runs great at 45fps for me, but if you do it online, it'll of course depend on your internet speeds. If you have the type/touch cover 2, I'd recommend a mouse since the trackpad isn't great for games.

Edit: crap, I derped up. I read it as Surface Pro 2 *facepalm*

dang I got excited xD! I read a post from along time ago that Notch the creator didn't want to do it for windows so I was wondering if he ever changed his mind. Guess he didn't :\

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
dang I got excited xD! I read a post from along time ago that Notch the creator didn't want to do it for windows so I was wondering if he ever changed his mind. Guess he didn't :\

Well, there is a silver lining. Since the Xbox One can apparently run Windows 8 apps, that would in theory mean that it'll work vice versa and since minecraft is coming to the Xbox One, it seems sorta somewhat likely it'll come to the store. Sorry, there's no definite proof, but you could ask Notch about making one.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope, you can't. You could probably try playing it on a Bay Trail tablet like the Asus T100, it seems to be able to handle games pretty well.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow. way to resurrect a dead thread.

Currently, no Minecraft on Surface machines with Windows RT (Surface RT and Surface 2). Minecraft of course works on all the Surface Pro machines (1, 2, 3). And works on the new Surface 3.

There is hope though since Microsoft now owns Minecraft and has been strongly hinting at a universal app version, working for Windows Phone and I assume possible support for whatever upgrade Surface 2 machines get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb