Start Screen & More Apps Tweak

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Awesome find! Though the downside of doing this is that now the font is much smaller, which is why I'll probably keep it at default.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Awesome find! Though the downside of doing this is that now the font is much smaller, which is why I'll probably keep it at default.

yes the font is smaller. but I love how websites look, which is what I primarily use it for. Email isn't too bad.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you guys actually use the Surface like this? I think I have reasonable eyesight and I have my Surface at 150% scaling with IE (desktop) also at 150% zoom. I tried the changes in Scott Hanselman's article and I struggled to use it without either a) feeling like I was really straining my eyes or b) hunching over my Surface so I get the screen inches from my face.

Mr Hanselman certainly sounds like this setup works for him so I'm just wondering how many others like it too. I'm thinking it's just me that finds it hard to use.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Can you guys actually use the Surface like this? I think I have reasonable eyesight and I have my Surface at 150% scaling with IE (desktop) also at 150% zoom. I tried the changes in Scott Hanselman's article and I struggled to use it without either a) feeling like I was really straining my eyes or b) hunching over my Surface so I get the screen inches from my face.

Mr Hanselman certainly sounds like this setup works for him so I'm just wondering how many others like it too. I'm thinking it's just me that finds it hard to use.

Everything in desktop IE and Metro seem fine to me. I also have not adjusted any of the scaling or zoom.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

See this is my issue as well. The desktop is fine, but all the text in metro is shrunk. My mail in the Mail app is hard to read, as is IE, as well as app names on the Start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven