Just lost Volume/Loudness...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Noticed this morning that my surface had no sound at all. I shut it down at night is the only thing I can think of. In any case I used the above method to uninstall/reinstall drivers and it came back. Wish they'd get an update out for this issue SOON.

EDIT: Well, its official for me anyway. It did it again , two mornings in a row now. I shut my surface down at night and on morning bootup I have no sound until I go thru the driver uninstall/install process. What a PITA! Awesome device otherwise, but this just plain sux!
Anyone else with the previously described sound issues above also have this issue? Looking for a permanent fix.

Last edited:

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
One of my friends had a simillar issue, I asked him to refresh windows and hide the November firmaware and it worked for him. Looks like the November firmware update caused driver issues on some devices (not all). Note that the sound worked for him before the updates so I am pretty sure it's the driver issue.

dancfuller

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with extremely quiet audio on some files after one of the November updates, but the 11/28 "System Hardware Update" seems to have fixed it. I didn't do anything with the drivers or adding/removing devices in Device Manager.

nad6234

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just installed the System Hardware Update, and can confirm that the Audio Drivers have indeed been updated. Datestamp of 26-Nov-2013, and have moved onto version 9.17.13.2774.

Seems to be better, but to be honest I'm not sure what I am comparing it with, since it's been such a long time since it was last working properly!

Anyway, at least it is an update! :)

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have just installed the System Hardware Update, and can confirm that the Audio Drivers have indeed been updated. Datestamp of 26-Nov-2013, and have moved onto version 9.17.13.2774.

Seems to be better, but to be honest I'm not sure what I am comparing it with, since it's been such a long time since it was last working properly!

Anyway, at least it is an update! :)

Things appear to working well for me after the update as well. I can't say with any certainty, but it seems to be louder. I only say this as I watched some shows last night at 70% volume rather than 100...but it may have been environment related.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad I stopped in here this morning. I had the update waiting in the wings. Put it on and hoping for the best, all looks good so far. This device just became awesome again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos