Flash Player streaming support?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you in Canada?

From CBC.ca FAQ: Our distribution license for some content is restricted to certain regions. If you reside outside of Canada and are seeing this message it means that we are unfortunately prevented from distributing it to you. Very occasionally, however, our video system will mistake a geographic location and block valid users from watching video. Usually these outages only last a few minutes, so it's suggested that you try again after a short wait.
If you're still being blocked from viewing content you may want to check your IP address to make sure that it's being recognized as a Canadian address. You can get your IP address here and test it here.
If your IP address checks out and you're still being prevented from viewing content please contact us.

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'm in Canada (of course right, who else watches hockey :p). Ive gone to their FAQ page, not particularly helpful. All the help answers that say stuff like "to solve that, go here" don't have a hyperlink attached to the "here", weird. And it still doesn't work, even when I try to watch a video on the site (so not even a live stream).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'm in Canada (of course right, who else watches hockey :p). Ive gone to their FAQ page, not particularly helpful. All the help answers that say stuff like "to solve that, go here" don't have a hyperlink attached to the "here", weird. And it still doesn't work, even when I try to watch a video on the site (so not even a live stream).
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help any further, since I'm not in Canada. Hopefully some other posters who are Canadian will be able to help.

grantlandrice

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I too have been having this issue. My devices are Surface RT 8.1 and Windows 7 with IE 11.

CBC has a page titled 'Windows 8 and IE 11' dated Nov 14th, 2013 that states:
'Microsoft recently updated Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 11 to include a bundled version of Flash in the browser. This has caused issues on multiple sites, including ours, whereby the user is prompted to download Flash, even though they already have it. Please be advised that this is not a problem with the video delivery platform, but Microsoft code (IE 11). Microsoft is working on a patch to fix this problem. In the meantime, the best workaround is to use a different browser.'

They are correct that using a different browser on Windows 7 allows viewing flash video on their site. No such option with Surface RT that I know of. I hope CBC or Microsoft fixes this issue soon.

Here is the link! Windows 8 and IE 11 - Contact

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss