Would like to stream\project Surface 2 to tv

Jason Stephens

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ive just bought my Surface 2 and I love it. I have a home office and do alot of work from home. I have an HDTV in my office mounted to the wall but its not a smart TV. I'd like to be able to stream my surface to the TV wirelessly to use for a larger monitor\ emails\play videos etc. What adapters\devices do I need to purchase to transmit to the TV wirelessly. Any links to products for purchase would be greatly appreciated.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Surface 2 supports Miracast and I've seen an LG LED TV with built-in Miracast. The NetGear suggested above is another choice for older TV sets.

ctitanic

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Using a WDTVLive you will be able to use the Play to option within any apps with this feature enabled (IE, PowerDVD, etc)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
But movies are smooth?

Yeah movies play fine, the video and audio are output together over miracast, it's like a wireless hdmi cable. Everything is synced up fine, just 1/2 second after your tablet screen shows it. Turn the tablet screen brightness down and you can't tell the difference

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
If you have a mouse connected (or Cover) you can also use the charms bar to switch to only display on the Miracast device (or extend the displays so something different shows on each screen).

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If you have a mouse connected (or Cover) you can also use the charms bar to switch to only display on the Miracast device (or extend the displays so something different shows on each screen).

Does that lower the response time? lol sorry for all the questions, I'm really trying to decide if the Push2TV is worth purchasing for my uses...

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Does that lower the response time? lol sorry for all the questions, I'm really trying to decide if the Push2TV is worth purchasing for my uses...

I bought it primarily for movies but was hoping to use with my gaming PC. I don't think it will cut the lag, but will check for you tonight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786