Streaming Video from DLNA server

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there a good app to allow me to stream video from my DLNA server? I have tried numerous ones from the app store but they all tell me that none of my movie are a compatible format. I had a little luck with Power DVD causing me to purchase that app, but after about 5 minutes of play it tells me there are network errors, and then if I try and restart I get the standard not a valid format. All my movies are in an MPEG format, and I have no problem streaming them to any other device in the house, just with this tablet.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Does RT support Windows Media Player?

If not you can simply use samba shares instead of dlna, browse the shares from the tablet and use any video app you want.

The app AV remote is a work in progress (I can never get it to control other devices or be controlled), but I just tested dlna video playback and it worked (though the playlist is kind of unintuitive, you need to hit play two different times). The developer is a very nice guy and will respond to any emails you send him, and he makes the WP8 AV remote app which *does* work perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa